Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New Kitchen Advice

Posted by alexism (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 8, 10 at 1:41

My husband and I are in the process of purchasing our first home. Looking for kitchen design advice. We would like to keep the white abinets and all stainless steel appliances. I would love to add a white or crackled subway tile, white apron front sink, new faucet, and countertops (currently grey corian). I love the look of marble for the countertops but unsure of the maintenance and resale value. Should we go with a granite that looks like marble such as princess white granite or just go with a creamier warmer granite such as crema spring and possibly glazing the cabinets? Also the living are will be re-painted a light cream instead of the existing yellow. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Image link: New Kitchen Advice (8 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New Kitchen Advice

Just saw your post popped up on the first page and hadn't seen it before. If you really have been waiting since Sunday, it seems the forum posting is messed up.

You're on the right track with marble and subway tile, that always looks good. Just do your research here to make sure you can live with it. For resale, you'll have to ask around for opinions in your area.

If the cabinets are white, cream might not look good with them. You'll have to test some and see because one or the other could end up looking off. The same with cream paint.

Be sure to check your sink cabinet to see if it can be retrofit for an apron sink.

o
RE: Need to be in Discussions

Just realized you are in the Gallery section. If you need more answers, post on the Discussions side.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here