Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
stpindell_gw

Microwave placement options, HELP!

stpindell
10 years ago

We are buying a home and will be remodeling the kitchen. We really want a commercial exhaust over range but not sure where to put the microwave now.

Has anyone had this problem? Can u share pictures and ideas??

Thanks!!!

Comments (3)

• mom05
    10 years ago

We have ours in our large island, and we love it. It is out of the way, the kids can reach it and because it is a drawer you just set things down into it, it is great, it is similar to many pics here that show a Sharp drawer microwave(creamy white with soapstone kitchen is an example) Good luck.

• stpindell
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks mom05!

We went looking this weekend to see if we can actually see a microwave drawer in person and no luck. It seems we can only order and have it shipped to us.

Did you say you have a Sharp? We are looking at the 24" model and wondered how much space we need when it's opened. We want to make sure we have enough room between the island and the other countertop when the drawer is completely open. I can't seem to find measurement for that, only the size of the unit.

Thanks!

• Buehl
    10 years ago

No floor model? Wow! Back in 2007/2008 when we redid our kitchen we were able to see floor models.

Note that the interior of the 24" model is exactly the same size as the interior of the 30" model. The difference in exterior size is "filler".

If you haven't already and you still want more information, I suggest posting this on the "Discussions" side of Kitchens. This is the "Gallery" side that's more for finished kitchens and the like. The Discussions side of Kitchens is for on-topic discussions concerning kitchen remodels. You will most likely get many more responses over there. You might also consider posting on the Appliances Forum.

Here's a picture of one of the older 30" models, the model we have installed in our kitchen. We also love it and do not regret it at all! It's been much easier to use than a "regular" MW. I love that if I need to stir the food, all I have to do is give it a gentle tug and it opens itself slowly (to eliminate sloshing), stir, and close with a gentle nudge and it closes itself slowly. It's 1000 watts. The only thing I could ask for is that the power be raised to 1200 watts, but that's minor!

When it's open, it sticks out 17.5" from the cabinet face and 16" from the edge of the counter (our counters have approx a 1.5" overhang of the cabinet faces.

Good luck!

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz