Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
yankca

help get me into 2011 with oak kitchen

yankca
12 years ago

Hi all, I have been wanting to do something with my kitchen but I don't know what to do. The cabinets are Quaker Maid oak in perfect condition. Need a new oven,cooktop,hood,counter,sink. I thought it would be simple to redo. First problem - the oven cut out is 24"x48" nothing will fit. I want high end oven, thus I emailed QuakerMaid and they are looking into a new cabinet. Questions --should I buy even if possible a dated style oak cabinet? should I paint them? what color qranite ( I like the satin finish) what kind of hood (one that will just replace the existing 36" one or dump the cabinet above the cooktop? I want an induction 36" cooktop. Because the counter is in a C shape with many turns I have been told to not pick granite with a wave. Note- I don't trust my judgement and have lived here for 18years and don't have any strong vision. Just want a great looking kitchen(husband has no interest in having any input and two daughters are out of house). I will post pictures. Thank you in advance.