Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mwardlb

White Kitchen with Lacanche and Carrera Counters

mwardlb
16 years ago

Well, nearly 2 years later and we are 90% done with our kitchen. Most, if not all, of our ideas, inspiration and guidance came from these forums, and for that, I am so grateful.

We have actually been pretty much done since October, but we are still waiting on 36' SZ or KA fridge and a custom VAH blower and a Franke Little Butler Insta-Hot tap. Also a few spots of floorboards.

Let's see, we have:

White maple custom shaker cabinets w/ Classic Brass hinges, knobs and pulls in brushed nickel. "Chantilly Lace" by BMoore white paint. A little water damage on sink drawers and some chipping on heavily used trash drawer but over all LOVE IT!

Drawers have those automatic closing hinge-thingies  LOVE THEM!!

New seeded glass in hutch cabinet with smoked grey mirror below. LOVE IT.

White carrera marble counter tops 1 ¼-inch slab. Sealed with magic-bulletÂno real staining or etching issues. I even cut on it when in a hurry but the marks just rub out. LOVE IT!

Lacanche Cluny 1400 in matte black with stainless & chrome (warming cabinet, gas oven, electric oven, 5 burners w/ portable simmer plate)... I really can't say enough about this masterpiece! No bells and whistles - no hassles! LOVE IT!

Walker Zanger 4 X 8 white subway tile backsplash with shelf and surround. LOVE IT!

Jenn-Air DW - not fully installed with panel and rubber seal yet, so it's pretty noisy. Cleans very well, but doesn't dry all the way. LIKE IT OK.

Price Phister faucet in polished chrome. Heard they drip, but no real issues. LIKE IT A LOT.

Under mount fireclay farmhouse sink found on Ebay. I wish the tubs were deeper, but it cleans up well with astonish paste. LOVE IT.

Under counter halogen lights are great, but are really hot. They even warm the food in the cupboards. We are switching to fluorescent. LIKE IT.

Well, I canÂt think of anything else.

Thanks again for everyone who answered posts, threw out suggestions and sparked fresh ideas. ItÂs been a long process but a lot of fun. LOVED IT!

Cheers,

Michele

Here is a link that might be useful: MWardLB's White Kitchen w/ Lacanche