Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I want this to be my peninsula -what do you call it?

Posted by amac514 (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 20, 10 at 16:28

This table is the inspiration for the peninsula I want to build/buy for my new kitchen. Does anyone know what this kind of table is called and where I might find either one to purchase or materials for it? I don't know if a carpenter could build it without first sourcing the ornate bottom.

I thought it would be considered "bistro" but that google brought up cheap metal tables.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Image link: I want this to be my peninsula -what do you call it? (26 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I want this to be my peninsula -what do you call it?

It looks to be a trestle table with iron/metal legs.

o

Looks to me like you may acheive the same look using the 2 iron sides of an old singer tredle sewing machine..!

o

We had a kitchen table like this using iron sides from a treadle. Hubby only had to buy a steel rod long enough to balance and tie into the sides. The openings were there for rod and cap locks. The table was a butcher block top from another table of yore.

o

Read in your blog that you're in SoCal--

I searched craigslist (via Statewidelist), and found this in the LA area. They were sold originally with marble tops. Would it be large enough to support your top?

Don't know about prices in your area, but I bought one in central OH recently for $75.00, with the original marble. I've seen them priced (with the marble), from $75 to $150.

Hope you find what you want.

Here is a link that might be useful: Wrought iron legs.

o

Here's another one in LaMesa, with the marble top (looks to be in bad shape, but could be hand sanded and used elsewhere in the kitchen for a baking center.) Great price!

Here is a link that might be useful: Marble top table/wrought iron legs.

o
RE: want this to be my peninsula -what do you call it?

And one in Vista--this has a beautiful marble top--$75.00.

Here is a link that might be useful: Wrought iron legs, Carrara top?

o
RE: I want this peninsula -what do you call it?

One more--this one in Bakersfield.

Here is a link that might be useful: Wrought iron legs, green marble top.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here