Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dixiesmom415

Kitchen granite

dixiesmom415
11 years ago

Question for anyone familiar with how patient we need to be with a granite fabricator who cut our hand picked granite all wrong. Example, we have a short L shaped island, and it was seamed (not necessary) and not bookended with right piece to match the pattern. Also the bar top above the island was laid with the pattern going the opposit direction. This is holding up the finish of our kitchen, and I'm not sure that we owe them another try at the same project, since this appears to have been a no-brainer from the start. We had another fabricator/installer check the work and he confirmed our suspicions. At this point, I want to tell them to eat the expense, and I want to just get a new fab/installer so we can get finished. Anyone wondering, they never asked us if it was ok to do what they did...they just did it, and the installer never blinked, so I don't want to use him again either. Appreciate anyone's input whose been thru this, or is in the business and has experience with such things.