Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Finished Kitchen: Materials Used

Posted by jlandsman (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 20, 10 at 12:56

After about a year of trolling the GW boards and getting tons of inspiration/advice from everyone I thought it was time to give back!

We just built a house (craftmans style) in southern NY and here's our kitchen. I so appreciated all the posts where folks included the names of materials they used--super helpful in researching products and trying to recreate looks. So, here it is and hope this helps others in their remodeling/building process!

kitchen: view1

kitchen: view2

kitchen: view3

• Cabinets: Kraftmaid Maple (canvas)

• Countertops: Green Mountain soapstone

• Double Ovens: Electrolux Wave Touch (EW30EW65GS)

• Cooktop: 36" Miele Induction (KM 5773)

• Vent: Miele Decor wall hood (DA 5190 W)

• Frig: 36" Miele Prefinished SS (K 1901 SF)

• Freeze: Frigidaire Professional (not shown--in pantry)

• Dishwasher: Bosch 24" 800 Series

• Microwave: Sharp drawer (KB-6024MS)

• Sink: Ticor 36"

• Pendant lights: Hudson Valley Lighting--Haverhill collection

• Under-counter lighting: xenon--think it's WAC but not sure

• Backsplash: textured white subway w/pale gray grout [don't have names of either off hand but can get it for those interested]

• Faucet: Moen Vestige SS finish

• Floors: 5" quartersawn oak--Bona naturale finish (give it matte look)

I will say that that things I love way more than I thought I would include: the induction cooktop (truly is like magic!), spice and large garbage drawers, separate frig/freezer (as noted, they are in different parts of kitchen due to space and cost--really hasn't been inconvenient as I thought it might be).

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Finished Kitchen: Materials Used

Very, very nice kitchen!

You might want to post a thread over in discussions as well, even if it's just to let people know about this one in the gallery.

Any before pics?

o

Thank you so much! No b/f pics as it is new construction.

Will cross post--good tip.

o

Lovely.

o

But of course,

Backsplash: textured white subway w/pale gray grout [don't have names of either off hand but can get it for those interested]

Maybe THIS is the one I'm looking for. So many choices, none is Just Right so far.

o

Just lovely. Thanks for sharing.

o

Really beautiful and easy on the eyes.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here