Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cupofkindness

Beautiful Backsplashes:Links to BreathTaking Pictures & Resources

cupofkindness
19 years ago

This thread is to provide links or in-text pictures of backsplashes that, unlike the other backsplash thread in the Gallery, are not a forum member's own backsplash. It is also to provide links/pictures to inspiring manufacturers and designers, tiles, stones, metals, glass and other materials that are backsplash elements. Please limit "conversations" about various links to the "Discussions" section of the Kitchen Forum so that this thread can be a resources list only. Please, please post any completed backsplashes or materials that you have come across as you have worked on your own backsplash. Let's start this thread with the gorgeous red tile backsplash that Sharon G found for me on a "Discussions" side of the Kitchen Forum. Thank you!

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:1557761}}

Comments (122)

• geogirl1
    18 years ago

These pictures don't show the crackled glass that well, but it's really pretty. After waiting over a year for my backsplash, I just smile whenever I walk in my kitchen.

Here is a link that might be useful: Encore Ceramics and Honed Durango

• peachdragon
    18 years ago

Here is my backsplash; I still need to do the grout and caulk.

Tumbled Limestone/Verde Laguna cut marble

{{gwi:1557782}}

• DoggieMom
    18 years ago

peachdragon - this is a beautiful backsplash! Please post another pic after you've grouted, it's amazing how much difference grout makes and I bet it will be even prettier. Hey, is that the omnipotent miracle cloth I see there? :)
    Here's my backsplash:

Here is a link that might be useful: Backsplash

• Sharon_G_in_MA
    18 years ago

Love all of these ideas. Cup asked me to post mine so here it is.

• Sharon_G_in_MA
    18 years ago

I forgot to mention that my field tiles are Sonoma Tileworks Artisan Tile in Mocha. Mosaic liner is Walker Zanger (Color: Lagos). Granite is New Venetian Gold.

• socal_ann
    18 years ago

The April 2005 Sunset Magazine has a page on handmade tiles that I started to look at; thought this link may be interesting to browse

Here is a link that might be useful: Monterey Ceramic Tile & Marble

• susan6
    18 years ago

Someone asked me to post a picture of my backsplash awhile ago, but couldn't find the thread at the time. These are Ken Mason Tiles

• reno_fan
    18 years ago

Another stunning harlequin backsplash.......

Here is a link that might be useful:

• Tiger_lily_sc
    18 years ago

Here's a link to my webshots, scroll down to bottom of page to see the backsplash featured on page 112 of July/August BHG Kitchens. The backsplash is "Italianate rowhouses" composed by Victoria Hamman. The pictures are labeled BHG backsplash, BHG2 and bhg4. I don't know who produces the actual tiles. Sorry the pictures aren't any better, but you can get the idea.

Here is a link that might be useful: BHG July, page 112,

• Tiger_lily_sc
    18 years ago

This is in my webshots page under Favorite House Ideas. I have absolutely no idea where I got this photo from, possibly from a Gardenwebbers' post. Anyway, I think it's beautiful.

Tigerlily

Here is a link that might be useful: yellow and white backsplash

• reno_fan
    18 years ago

Tiger!!! I have another shot of that kitchen!! I too have no idea where I got the pic. Here's my shot (that was listed above, but then I moved it so the link broke).

• cstlouis
    18 years ago

Here's another source I found in my search for 'round' tiles. The cobalt floor with frogs/lily pads is gorgeous!! This site has MANY unique tiles.

Here is a link that might be useful: unique tiles

• cupofkindness
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Here is an example of IKEA accessories that can be mounted on the backsplash. Several others manufacture backsplash rail systems that allow the open storage of kitchen utensils, spices, knives, paper towels, etc.

Here is a link that might be useful: IKEA Accessories

• scotland1
    18 years ago

I don't know where to buy these, but every single thing on this site is stunning.

Here is a link that might be useful: Mosaic House

• cade
    18 years ago

Please tell me who had the backsplash that had fall leaves cascading down the wall. I think it was Sweeby, but I'm not sure. I couldn't get the picture to open. That is my inspiration backsplash and I can't find it!

• sweeby
    18 years ago

Funny you should ask right before I visited this thread for the first time in ages! -- Yup, it was me. The bar's not completely done, but you can see the splash.

And Here's our kitchen splash -- Walker Zanger Gramercy Park crackle subways in Bone China, Sommerset handpainted liner, and Base molding set upside-down.

• starpooh
    18 years ago

Does anybody have a saved copy of "the other backsplash thread in the Gallery"... the one with forum members' own backsplashes? I'd like to add it to the Finished Kitchens blog. (Many folks have recently requested more info on backsplashes.)

If we can't find it, is anyone willing to start a new thread?

• cupofkindness
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Here is an incredible mirrored backsplash behind a cooktop:

Starpooh: I think some have posted their backsplashes here, but it would be a good idea to start an new thread as well. Thanks!

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:1557772}}

• starpooh
    18 years ago

Anybody else want to share links to beautiful backsplashes that aren't your own? I'll add them to the blog.

• jennybeth
    18 years ago

Check out the gallery Susan Jablon's Mosaics.

Has anyone ever used her tiles? I'm planning on doing 1x3 running brick tiles in turquoise. The samples I received were just beautiful.

Here is a link that might be useful: Susan Jablon Mosaics

• movingwest
    17 years ago

an august macke design i am installling in the new house.

Here is a link that might be useful: macke mountain scene

• flash407
    17 years ago

any photos of quilted stainless backsplashes?

• hazmom
    17 years ago

Does anyone have any information about the tile in this backsplash that was posted last year? I LOVE it and would like to copy it...!

Here is a link that might be useful: Prudence Kitchen Remodeled!

• rachelzuck
    17 years ago

Check out Bisazza Tile sold at EXPO. I did my backsplash in that which was fairly affordable. Only problem is getting it put up. Definitely need an expert or the lines show.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bisazza Tile

• bungalyn
    17 years ago

Since I am currently going through the process of trying to find a reasonably priced glass tile in 4x4 or subway, I have a long list of links to suppliers. I won't mention those already provided like Dilemme or Maestro Mosaics (best price, by the way) but here are a bunch that haven't been listed yet. Enjoy! Lynda
    www.glasstileusa.com
    www.sandhillind.com
    www.waterworks.com
    www.amdecglasstile.com
    www.glasskote.com
    www.auroraglass.org
    www.lightstreams.biz
    www.glassart.co.nz
    ww.dolceglastile.com

• cupofkindness
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Bungalyn:

Thank you for posting such a wonderful list of suppliers. It really helps to have a lot of resources available when working on your backsplash design.

And everyone else:

Thank you to those who have posted on this thread. Please keep posting only finished backsplashes links/pictures and/or information on the tiles/elements you've found in your search for the perfect backsplash for your kitchen. Thanks again!

~Cupofkindness

• lford
    17 years ago

Has Maestromosaics been good to work with? Thanks.

• cimbronemamma
    16 years ago

Okay, I'm going against the grain here, but what about wallpaper? Yes, I said it *wallpaper*. Anyone out there with me? I'd love to know where I can find this wallpaper...

Here is a link that might be useful: Domino Magazine Kitchen Gallery

• cimbronemamma
    16 years ago

I found the wallpaper I was looking for above. :) In the meantime, I also came across this wallpaper backsplash.

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:1557773}}

• janieo
    16 years ago

Melissa K's Backsplash Query:
    Does anyone know what white subway tile Melissa K. used on the backsplash behind her burgundy Lacanche. I love the effect but can't determine the manufacturer. I believe she posted in May of 2005 and had a beautiful hand painted mural behind the range. Thanks so much to anyone who can figure this out.
    Janie O

• adunate
    16 years ago

Such a great thread and one that still holds interest now, more than three years after it was started. Yet many of the samples aren't viewable because the links are now unavailable.

If you have the time and no-how, please take a minute to post the picture into your message rather than just the link. It will keep your interesting ideas viewable long after the site is gone.

Thanks!

• zobeet
    16 years ago

Thanks, I have some new resources for my search.

• User
    16 years ago

How about a faux tile mural made from a poster:
    {{gwi:1476858}}

• thistledowny
    15 years ago

Hi. I am looking for a resource for Antique green (color)tiles for a backsplash in my new 100 yr old kitchen. Not a flat solid green, but one with depth that kind of fades to the edge of the tiles?

My new kitchen is a reproduction of what the old one may have looked like, with custom made cupbboards so it's wood and cream colored walls. The butlers pantry is painted an antique green though and would like the backsplash green.
    For green being such a timeless and popular color, you sure can't find it out there!
    Thank You soooo much for any info!

• dementm
    15 years ago

I found some beautiful mediterranean murals at the link below. Some of the tiles are Iznik tile reproductions and others are Moorish and Ottoman inspired tiles.

I also found a pretty traditional mural on the featured design of the month.

Here is a link that might be useful: Mediterranean Tile Murals

• lyno
    15 years ago

Dian57 - please tell more about your faux tile mural. I have a print that I'm interested in using if I can find a way that is easily cleaned. Thanks in advance

• glasstile
    15 years ago

Try glass tile oasis for all your glass needs

Here is a link that might be useful: www.glasstileoasis.com

• linda_paul
    14 years ago

Dozens of pictures of installed backsplashes and murals

Here is a link that might be useful: backsplash mural pictures

• pvcamom
    14 years ago

Does anyone know of a company other than the one mentioned earlier-Bisazza-that Expo used to carry? I checked out their website & can't seem to find anything for the range area. Expo is now out of business & my neighbor had gotten a backsplash design over her range from Expo. I wanted to something simple and flat and yet have some focal interest to it.

Thanks for any help.

• jojolatour
    14 years ago

I am looking for more of a 3 dimensional mocha color brick for my backsplash. Has anyone seen anything like that? If so, where can I buy them. I have only seen flat brick.
    Thanks!

• willowdecor
    14 years ago

Here is my white subway tile with calcutta marble herringbone inset over stove. It looks beautiful with our white cabinets and soaptone!

Here is a link that might be useful: Marble inset /Subway tile

• jberg
    14 years ago

Does anyone have a resource for more rustic tile? I am looking for non-brick, at least 4 x 4, in tan, gold, and red, probably ceramic, slate or other stone. Tried some of the older links, but they are no longer working.

• susie1010
    14 years ago

This is a link to a website (hope it comes through) for the request for rustic tiles. I found Ken Mason Tiles in a magazine. They are beautiful hand-made, hand painted tiles from California. Using them for my entire backsplash turned out to be "beyond my budget", but they do have a slection of "Overruns" on the web site for 1/2 price.

I was able to pick out individual 3 x 3 tiles from the overruns to use as accents in my 4 x 4" tumbled travertine marble backsplash. They make me happy ever time I look at them. I love the "culinarios" (fruits and vegetables) and, especially, the cherub tile that is next to my sink.

Here is a link that might be useful: Ken Mason Tiles

• cupofkindness
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I can not believe this thread is still around! Please keep adding your pictures and links. I'm sorry the picture I linked in the original post is no longer on-line. It was truly breath-taking!

• cupofkindness
    Original Author
    13 years ago

The link below shows a number of gorgeous kitchens.... scroll down until you see the white marble slab that makes up the entire backsplash behind the stove. Wow!

Here is a link that might be useful: Slab Backsplash

• eric_fireclaytile_com
    13 years ago

We have some beautiful backsplash photos on our website too!

Here is a link that might be useful: Fireclay Tile

• glasstilehome
    12 years ago

Here is a great resouce for Glass Tile.

Here is a link that might be useful: Glass Tile

• cupofkindness
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Check out this beautiful black, white, and red kitchen. The backsplash is simple, but so rich and stunning.

Here is a link that might be useful: Click to Kitchen 78

• cupofkindness
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Here's something fun and charming to commemorate the 10th anniversary of this thread:

Here is a link that might be useful: Parisian Map Backsplash

Sponsored
WellCraft Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars61 Reviews
Virginia’s Full Service Design-Build Remodeling Company