Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Will I regret white grout on marble backsplash?

Posted by mays802 (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 16, 14 at 0:48

Kitchen will have dark quartz countertops, shaker white cabinets and a random pattern Venatino Marble backsplash. My decorator urged white grout but I wonder if a light gray would be better. It is hard for me to determine which grout color is used in this photo but the colors of the marble are similar to mine. The shape will be more narrow and more random. Your thoughts are appreciated!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Will I regret white grout on marble backsplash?

Honestly you're going to have enough trouble keeping the marble white much less the grout - seal it all!! THREE TIMES! lol Seriously though I've heard horror stories about smoke and wine stains in the kitchen. Sealer every year is about the only way to avoid stains.

I've been lusting after the white marble backsplashes myself but after spending half an hour scrubbing the white grout on the marble in my shower yesterday, NO MORE! I went with whisper grey on the floors in the shower and bathroom and they show dirt far less. If I had to do it all over again I'd have gone grey all the way.

Good luck!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here