Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Finished!!!

Posted by teppy (My Page) on
Fri, May 22, 09 at 9:57

I've already posted in the discussions before i realized i needed to do it here. sorry. anyway, here are the details.

Granite on perimeter cabs-Cold Spring
Granite on Island-Absolute Black
Stove, Dishwasher, Microwave Drawer- All Viking
Refrigerator-Samsung Quatro
Floors-3/4" Ash with 3/4" subfloor underneath
Cabinet Paint-BM waterborne Impervo "Bavarian Cream"
Island Paint-BM "Sage" with black glaze
Lighting-Cristal
Wall color-BM "olive Branch"
Backsplash-3x6 subways are Sonoma stone in "Cashmere"
Mosaic-custom blend from Somoma in rhomboids. the colors are verde in metals, birch in sonoma reserve, and hemp in tantrum. I also used a bottom trim under the subways by sonoma also in birch.

My cabinets were custom made by a local Cabinet Maker. The only DIY project in this kitchen was the painting. DH also did the electrical. To cusomize my drawers, I went to Bed Bath and Beyond and bought some teak organizers for my flatwear. I love them. I can't think of anything else to add right now. Thanks, and i hope you enjoy looking.

Here is a link that might be useful: teppy's kitchen

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Finished!!!

Oh Teppy!!! WOW!!! It was beautiful before the tile but now it is a masterpiece! I'm so happy for you! Now you can relax, sit and enjoy your kitchen. I'm so excited seeing your gorgeous sonoma tiles!! I had ordered mine about 3 weeks ago and still waiting...I hope my blend looks as good as yours..yours is really to die for! My blend is very similar to yours but I added a % of a red stone blend to tie some of the terracota color in my granite. Oh gosh! believe me or not I also thought about adding the same border tile next to the countertop like yours but I chicken out..and I regret it now..it looks beautiful!!! Oh well, maybe I still have the chance convince my DH to add it...LOL
One question, what liner did you use for your custom build hood? Are you happy with it? Is it quiet?

o

hogar-my liner is an inexpensive broan. my cabinet maker kind of dropped the ball on that one. i hate it. i will change it out as soon as i can. the light is way too dim, and it it very loud! but, it sucks like a vacuume cleaner. i don't like the way the metal shows in the arch cutout. please show me your tile when you get it in. i am really anxious to how it comes out.

o

Wonderful! I especially like your rolling pin storage...great idea!

Oh, and you've inspired me to get even more drawer dividers for even better organization...all your drawers are so well organized!

o

Hi Teppy - I have had your kitchen bookmarked for years because I love, love, love your stools. I finished my kitchen back in 2009, shortly after you completed yours but still haven't found stools that I like more than yours or that would fit in my small space. DrewChan still has your style - but they are expensive (plus I would need to have them shipped). But if the comfort is there and they are of good quality I am ready to bite the bullet. Would you mind sharing with me how they have held up? Also, are they comfortable without the cushions?

Thanks!
Suzanne

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here