Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
another addition fo the gallery!

Posted by larice (My Page) on
Fri, May 11, 07 at 4:05

This is a repost due to my inability to be computer literate! Sorry for the repeat.

We did a total remodel/addition to a 1960's ranch with 8 ft ceilings (the appliances were original that complemented the green vinyl floor). Here's a rundown of the kitchen information:

Refrigerator: GE Monogram from US Appliance
Cooktop, oven: GE Monogram from US Appiliance (they were AWESOME)

Granite: Taupe (from GME in Houston, TX)
Brick Pavers from Magnolia Bricks in Praireville, LA
Backsplash: Tumbled marble from GME in Houston. Metallic accents from Daltile
Icemaker and wine refrigerator: Kenmore
Hood: Vent a Hood from US Appliance

Cabinets: Custom built on site

Hardware: Brushed Nickel pulls from Target, Oil Rubbed Bronze from RKI

Paint: walls---BM woodstock tan, cabinet & trim---SW Martha Stewart Cafe au Lait

Wire pullout baskets in pantry....Tuesday Morning

Wood accents/corbels/pilasters....Osborne Wood Products and VanDykes Restoration

Sink: Galaxy Sinks

Faucet: Danze Opulence

Thanks for all your wonderful advice! This was so much fun and I'd do it again in a heartbeat!

Still need window treatments and barstools. After 2 months of living here, there's NOTHING I'd do different.

Fondly, Jenny

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: another addition fo the gallery!

here's the link

Here is a link that might be useful: jenny's kitchen

o

Jenny, it's gorgeous!

o

That's a great kitchen, love the brick floors and paint among all the other spectacular looking parts that make up that super kitchen.

o

very nice color scheme and layout. Your massive fridge also looks nice and accommodating. Job well done!

o

I love the brick floors too and all the windows. Your kitchen looks wonderful to work in. I'd love to have a fridge/freezer combo like yours as well. You've transformed a 60s ranch with low ceilings into an elegant, comfortable home!

o

Jenny,
Do you remember the color of your brick pavers? Also, what is the pattern? I really like it!

-cs

o

The color is Savannah and it's laid in a herringbone pattern.

o

Sorry this is a late post - I tend to forget about checking the gallery. I also love your brick floor - beautiful and not something you see every day. And your cabinets are gorgeous, too.

o

Jenny, I too love your brick. Can you tell me who made them?

o

Adding some of the pictures here

Kitchen, appliance side photo FSCN0605.jpg

View of kitchen from family room photo FSCN0606.jpg

butler pantry wall photo DSCN0572.jpg

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here