Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lpaulow

Finished kitchen *pics*

Elizabeth W
11 years ago

We moved into our new house over a year ago, but we wanted to change the kitchen. It had formica countertops and natural maple cabinets. We bought new upper cabinet doors from Barker Doors in Oregon (we didn't like the arches in the old doors), and I painted them with Rustoleum Cabinet Transformations in black (no glaze). The island is the same product by Rustoleum in Quilter's White with glaze. The granite on the perimeter is Golden Delicatus, and the granite on the island is Golden Fantasy. We took out the wooden valance over the sink and added a valance from Overstock. I sewed the black ribbon on the bottom of the valance. The light over the island is from wayfair.com for $44. We bought the cabinet doors (most of them) prepared for glass, and got plain glass cut at Lowe's. Then I cut squares out of contact paper and put them on the glass to act as stencils, then I rolled Artist's Matte Medium onto the glass with a smooth foam roller to give the frosted glass effect. We are happy with our revamped kitchen!

Image link:

Comments (4)