Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
honeydiy

diy kitchen finally complete

honeydiy
15 years ago

Some of the larger room photos (including the one below) were taken before the backsplash grouting was done, we'll need to update those later.

There are other albums on this link which show scenes "before" and "during" the project.

Here's our list:

Cabinets - Medallion, Brookhill F2, Chestnut Stain

Countertop - Granite, Santa Cecilia Light

Backsplash - Ceramic Tile: Panaria Ceramica, Navona Dorato

Metal Tile: Metal Border s.r.l.,

Anticati Series, Listelli Daisy

Over range, Tozzetti Pillow

Sink - Blanco Silgranit, Super Single, Anthracite

Faucet - Cucina Candelabra

Hardware - Top Knobs

Appliances - KitchenAid

Floors - Natural Red Oak

Lighting - Minka Lavery Mission Inn

Table - Canal Dover

Chairs - American Heirlooms

Here is a link that might be useful: Honeydiy's finally finished kitchen

Comments (6)

• cpang74
    15 years ago

Your new space is very inviting and warm. Love your folk art accents. Feels like home! Enjoy!!

• Jan_S
    15 years ago

Love the diamond tile inserts and the clock and the star decorations along the top of the cabinets, congratulations!

• suzatwork
    15 years ago

I love your kitchen! What is your wall color? I'm looking for a 'yellow-gold', and yours has a nice warm tone. My cabinet stain is similar to yours, and I'm using similar knobs. Your backsplash is going in my inspiration folder. Any other details on the backsplash that I need to know, or should I be able to find it with the above info? My cabs are being installed in a week, so I can't get too far into backsplash details yet:-) Too many other things swimming around in my head right now.

Thanks so much for sharing!

• nymommy
    15 years ago

Beautiful! What is that gorgeous green wall color in the next room?

• snowey16
    15 years ago

Love your kitchen.... it's beautiful.... I was wondering if you were pleased with your Cucina faucet... I am having such a difficult time deciding on faucets and thought the Cucina were very attractive, but I'm not familiar with the brand and that makes me skeptical. Thanks

• honeydiy
    Original Author
    15 years ago

suzatwork, very sorry that I didn't respond...I have been without a computer / internet for a while. Your post was so long ago, this is probably useless information, now. The yellow paint is actually in the beige family, Lowes American Traditions (Valspar) Filoli Honey. I would never have picked it out of a samples line-up had I not seen it in person on my friend's dining room walls, because I was always hunting through the yellows. It's completely different on the wall, though. A nice warm color.

nvmommy, the green is also Lowes American Traditions (Valspar), Homestead Resort Olive. Doesn't look so great under the cfl lighting we have at the basement stairwell, but it's beautiful under the GE reveal lighting and any version of natural light coming through the windows.

snowey16, when we received the faucet, dh was impressed with it's heft / solid feeling build. However, he noted that there was a black plastic cylinder lining the channel where the faucet rests. After about a year of use, the channel chipped from the friction of the flexible metal tube sliding in and out when using the sprayer, which made the faucet a little wobbly when set in place. Cucina has a lifetime warranty, so we called and they immediately sent a replacement part. In order to replace it, though, the faucet had to be completely dismantled - not a big deal IF you have a handyman at home, which I do. About six months later, the lever, which had given us a solid and smooth operation up until that point, became a bear to move, then it stopped activating the water entirely (on the Friday evening of a holiday weekend). DH took it apart down to the bare bones and found that the joint inside was made of plastic, and had broken. Again, after making the call the following Tuesday (first open business day) Cucina sent new joints. DH requested that they send several. Given that it's made of plastic, and given that it takes about 5 business days to get the part (we received it the following Tuesday), if it happens again - AS MUCH FUN AS RENOVATION WAS - we much prefer the "running-water-in-the-kitchen, yay!" mode.
    So, let me say that at all the OTHER times, including now, I love my faucet. But it's easy to love because if it breaks again, I know Cucina will provide unlimited replacement parts, and I have a resident handyman who knows how to fix it. I like the way it works, and it's cosmetic uniqueness. People really do comment on it all the time. I do let them know that I am disappointed that for its cost, there was plastic hiding in such an important area.

Hope this helps!