Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
petj_gw

need help matching colors in kitchen

petj
13 years ago

Hi,I just bought a house, that they say they just renovated, but as you can see in the picture..something needs to be done I just dont know where to start

It seems like they just threw things together..and I have a more contemporary transitional style.I like the hardwood floors, for example. thats definately staying.That green/beige kind of vinyl..looks super solid..so if I can deal with it may keep it.Kitchen Counter also solid without a scratch.. but none of it matches!!

Would painting the melamine cabinets, walls and hallway and dining room tye it all together? Any tips on color choices?

I eventually am thinking to knock the wall down btw kitchen and dining area, which means I can continue the hardwod floors at that time in 2-3 years.Till then, have to live with it, so any help will be great!!Times not really an issue (i like this stuff), money is though, since I dont want to waste money then re-do it all in a few years.Here is a cool link on colors that I used last time:

http://www.colorsontheweb.com/colorwizard.asp#wizard
I found the kitchen floor to be closest to hex# BCB364

Counter maybe hex # 1A294B

Hardwood floors maybe 6A2F09

in case you are interested in checking the tool out it helps match colors on analagous or complimentary shades..very cool!!

Thanks for reading this and helping me out if applicable :o)!!

Image link: