Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
kitchen light and layout

Posted by williemon (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 31, 11 at 14:24

new construction. Kitchen is about 13ft by 15ft with a 9 ft white plybead ceiling. In the pic you will see pendants in pink, undercab and overcab in green and cans in yellow. All this is in the planning stage almost ready for framing.

Notice, a can is over the sink. Would a pendant work well there? Not sure what to use there really.

Im posting here so I can include a pic.
What are the thoughts on this light and kitchen plan ? What type and size of cans should be used? What Bulb types as well. I was thinking dimmable cfl of about 800 to 1000 lumins per bulb since Id like my power meter to stay together. Are other types of bulbs better for this with low energy requirements? The house is two story so the kitchen is on the first floor with conditioned living space above. The area between floors will be fully insulated as well.

Any advice on the light plan as well as any thoughts on the kitchen layout itself?

Image link: kitchen light and layout (51 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: kitchen light and layout

If it's not too late and you haven't already done so, I suggest posting this on the "Discussions" side of Kitchens. This is the "Gallery" side that's more for finished kitchens and the like. The Discussions side of Kitchens is for on-topic discussions concerning kitchen remodels. You will most likely get many more responses over there.

(You can post pics on the Discussions "side" as well, btw.)

Good luck!

o
RE: kitchen light and layout

Ok. I will do that.
[URL=http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/2622282580036176138vdgEbY][IMG]http://thumb18.webshots.net/t/76/176/2/82/58/2622282580036176138vdgEbY_th.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here