Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
faux pas or ooh-la-la: walnut cabinets & nacarado quartzite??

Posted by cashew (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 27, 12 at 22:25

Hi all -- This forum has been so helpful to me in the past, I'm turning to you again to help sort out a countertop decision I have to make within a few days.

Kitchen is inching towards completion (more than a year after starting!), and I've recently rejected the plan of using Cloud White Zodiaq quartz in favor of something more organic looking.

Below you'll hopefully see 2 pics. First is the kitchen (as of a few weeks ago) of the main wall of cabinets. Wall to the right is all white uppers with a white backsplash, and walnut lowers. Appliance wall is all walnut. To the left are a NanaWall door and window (most of which are out of the picture frame) which let in a lot of light. Second pic is current top choice quartzite. Floors are rift sawn white oak, which you can't see. There's lots of wood and I'm wondering if the countertop is going to be too busy or create a nice balance. It looks tons better live than in the pic, and it has all the right feng shui colors.

Thanks for your help!!

Image link: faux pas or ooh-la-la: walnut cabinets & nacarado quartzite?? (48 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: faux pas or ooh-la-la: walnut cabinets & nacarado quartzite??

Oops, here's the other pic of the quartzite...

Here is a link that might be useful: nacarando quartzite

o
RE: faux pas or ooh-la-la: walnut cabinets & nacarado quartzite??

Are you still looking for help? If so, post on the discussions side of this forum.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here