Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lmychajluk

My finished kitchen!

lmychajluk
18 years ago

Okay, almost...got to do window treatments and there's a couple of baseboard mouldings that still have to go in, but it's about done!

Thanks to everyone here that contributed, especially those who turned me on to the more expensive options! ;P

-Lee

Here is a link that might be useful: Lee's Kitchen

Comments (8)

• ericwiebrecht
    18 years ago

Wow! We are looking at Cherry cabinets (Schuler from Lowe's) in a style (Manhattan) much like the ones you have - they look awesome!

What brand/finish are your cabs? They have a really rich finish!

- Eric

• amm8589
    18 years ago

That's gorgeous! What oven is that? Is it Dacor? Please give us the details of your beautiful kitchen!

amy

• lmychajluk
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Ok, I should've posted some of the specifics...

The cabs are Brookwood (Starmark) Cherry wood in a Shaker style w/ the low-sheen Brittany finish. They include a double-trash pullout and a 4 bin recycling center, corner pantry, narrow pull-out pantry next to the fridge, another pull-out in the bar along with pull-out shelves behind the door next to the bar fridge, and super-suzans in the right wall corner.

The handles are Top Knobs, except for 'Art', the Soku Manhandle.

The fridge is a GE Profile, as is the Advantium220 OTR Mic.

The oven is a GE Trivection, and dishwasher is also GE Monogram.

Cooktop is Gaggenau modular 200-series (double-burner, electric grill, & wok burner).

Bar fridge is Marvel.

Countertops are black Richlite w/ integrated drain board.

Sink is Blanco Precision 1 - 3/4, with Elkay Moda faucet and Grohe soap dispenser.

Brew Express built-in coffee maker.

Lights are Juno Avio series, with Kitchler Xenon undercabinets, and a el-cheapo incandecent strip for inside the above-bar cab all connected to a Lutron Graffik Eye RA 6-zone control unit (above the coffee maker).

Floor is Happy Tile Overland Green Moss, and the SS accents are from Schluter, as are the accents in the backsplash.

Backsplash is Hakatai 3/4" glass tiles "Hail Blend" with a custom mural behind the cooktop.

Can't see it, but there are also Task Lighting power strips tucked up under the cabs for outlets.

Had I known, things I would've done different:
    - slightly darker grout in the backsplash (I went lighter at the last minute).
    - Something quieter than the Marvel bar fridge.
    That's it, other than that, I'm very happy with how it came out!

Thanks for the replies!

-Lee

• pattyt
    18 years ago

beautiful tilework!
    gorgeous kitchen!

• lmychajluk
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks! It was a DIY job with my brother and uncle.

-Lee

• ftwobenny
    17 years ago

How do you like the Brew Express?

• lmychajluk
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Funny you should ask! I just replaced it last week because I felt the coffee wasn't being brewed hot enough. Though the new unit shows only a few degrees difference, it 'feels' like my coffee is now much hotter.

Otherwise, I like it just fine. It's not fancy, but gets the job done. Customer Service was great when I called. Once we seemed to identify the problem, they shipped a replacement unit with a pre-paid return label right away. They even threw in a couple of bags of coffee.

• edlakin
    16 years ago

how are your richlite countertops holding up? we are considering them for our remodel. do you like them?

any problems with scratching? staining? wear and tear?