Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

size of end panels

Posted by five4me (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 14, 13 at 20:35

The kitchen designer stated that the end panels for the fridge should be a minimum of an inch and a half. Vs 3/4. Is there a right or wrong answer.

Follow-Up Postings:

RE: size of end panels

No, not really. A 3/4" end panel is implying an edge banded piece of 3/4" panel, which yes, tends to make it a little flexible. The 1-1/2" would tend to imply a face frame, which would make that more stable, or rigid.

It may have something to do with your cabinet line. It may or may not come with what you are requesting. Euro cabinets are more likely to have the 3/4" panel only, but not always. Not sure if a face frame system would have a simple 3/4" panel though.

 o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

    If you are a member, please log in.

    If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

  • You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here