Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
harmon_gw

Back to the Original Plan ... Sort of ...

Harmon
10 years ago

For those who have been following my floor plan saga & those who have been graciously providing advice & suggestions ...

We met with our builder again yesterday for about 2 1/2 hours. (I do really like how accessible he has been to us.) The floor plan I thought addressed 98% of all my concerns unfortunately won't fit on our lot.

Our lot is 85' by 117' but with setbacks (15' to the street & 5' to the neighbors property line) the building area width is only 65'. That plan was 74' and we just couldn't find a way to chop it down to fit, and the developer said the city would not let us turn the house to face the other way ... something about storm drainage lines. (This sounded sort of like BS to me. I think the developer just doesn't want us doing it ... builder said they had allowed it a couple of other times & have received complaints).

BUT ... our builder said he could make our current design look essentially the same in regards to the kitchen layout ... so I said ok, let's try! Here is what he (& we) came up with. We still have time to make additional modifications so I would still appreciate suggestions & constructive criticisms. I have to say I am much happier with the plan now.

Thoughts?

Comments (3)