Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
bump-out kitchen of 1930's tudor revival

Posted by hausfrau_auf_dem_see (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 30, 09 at 22:40

Finally finished ripping out the entire back of the house, taking the bricks off, demolishing a chimney, then putting bricks back on. The addition looks like the original 1930's tudor. No one can tell the difference. I designed the aesthetics of the exterior and interior, my husband designed the structure.
Most of this took 6 months to complete
This is some of the components that I chose:
Ann Sacks sur la mer backsplash tiles
Waterworks easton kitchen faucet
Wolf 36 inch stove
Delta pennisula faucet
Holiday cabinets in quartersawn oak
Shaws original sink
Subzero 36 inch refridgerator
Madura gold countertops around perimeter
Ladies dream countertop on the pennisula
Walnut tudor door from Millwork for Less
radiant heat in floor from boiler in the basement
Pot filler from Chicago Faucet

Image link: bump-out kitchen of 1930's tudor revival (39 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: bump-out kitchen of 1930's tudor revival

The original kitchen was a tiny galley kitchen that had barely enough room to turn around

Here is a link that might be useful: see more of the rehab project here

o

Hausfrau, your remodel is wonderful! You did such a good job maintaining the Tudor style. My favorite feature is the tile carried up and over the windows; I love that look. Are the lights over your island from Rejuvenation?

Congrats on a beautiful kitchen that really ties in with your house (which looks like a fairy-tale cottage on the outside--so charming!).

o

hi,
Thanks so much. It's been a labor of love. The lights over the island are from Kichler, but the light in the dining room is from rejuvenation. We are now doing the bathroom in the same style.

o

Hi hausfrau -
I love your kitchen! May I archive it in the Finished Kitchens Blog? If so please submit the FKB Category Checklist so I can easily categorize your kitchen.
Thank you!

Here is a link that might be useful: Finished Kitchens Category Checklist

o

I love your kitchen!!! You did such a beautiful job. I noticed that you have Holiday cabinets. Are you happy with them? How is their quality and finish. They look beautiful in the showroom. I'm just planning my new kitchen and the KD that I spoke to carries this line. He said it's a custom line. Do you know if the cabinets come framed and frameless? Thanks for your help.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here