Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
one island or two

Posted by drbouba (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 24, 12 at 16:23

Our new kitchen will be about 20x19 ft. We always have wanted a very big island and planned for one that measured about 6x9 or 6x10 ft. A designer we met with today suggested that this is too big because the middle of the island is inaccessible and because we would like a pot rack and one to fit over that large an island would simply be massive. Instead, she suggested doing two parallel islands and actually thought she could fit two 3x8 ft islands. It's not what we had ever thought we'd want but does seem to offer certain advantages like improved flow and easier pot rack placement. Any thoughts on the island or the kitchen in general?

Image link: one island or two (52 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: one island or two

I think you should definitely do two. I love dual islands - check HGTV's 2009 dream home for some inspiration. I've linked a picture, but it doesn't do it justice. The first island has the sink, and the second has a wine cooler, etc.

Here is a link that might be useful: HGTV Dream Home Kitchen 2009

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here