Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jsflynn_gw

Canadian manufacturer of RTA kitchen cabinets and/or doors?

jsflynn
9 years ago

New home, with an unfinished kitchen, so I need cabinets/doors. I used to make my own (This meant cut the cherry trees, rough saw, air-dry, have a mill surface and edge cut, shape door elements and so on) but it's just not worth doing it, not to mention that I'm quite a lot older.

I went through this back in 2009 and bought doors/drawers from a Canadian manufacturer, and all worked well. At that time $1000 US got you $1270 Canadian dollars so it was as though their normal price had dropped 27%, and the manufacturer was quite happy as was I. Sadly that company is no more.

As the past years have gone by $1000 US at times got you only $950 Canadian, but today $1000 gets you $1170 US and I suspect the US$ to Can$ will get even more favorable over the next several months, and so I'd like to find a Canadian manufacturer.

Anyone know of any that are reliable and produce good quality cabinets. And please, no, I won't buy Ikea. I will buy RTA cabinets if available but I'm fine making my own boxes out of high quality plywood. I'm looking for full 3/4" solid wood, nothing special, birch or maple will do fine.

Anyone?

Comment (1)