Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Traditional Classic Styled White kitchen- 99% finished!

Posted by muranogirl (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 21, 08 at 0:06

Hi girls! My kitchen is almost finished. Although not a reno, it was a self built home and we are still finishing areas of the house including the kitchen. I had asked you for help choosing a backsplash, and thank you all so much! We chose a creamy matte subway in a 1 x 2 mosaic. It should come in this week and I've attatched photos of it. I'm so excited! Sooooo.... here's our 99% finished kitchen!
Details...
Creamy white cabinets (arctic), island in Alder stained with burnt sienna by Westridge Cabinets.
White Kashmir Granite
Black Iron pulls and knobs
Kenmore Elite Stainless appliances, including fridge, dishwasher, mircrowave, slide in range, garborator.
Delta aberdeen faucet
Daltile 1 X 2 mosaics full body porcelain tiles in "buiscut"
Wall paint Creamy White benjamin moore, Ceiling paint custom-mixed light gray, trim paint cloud white by BM.
Central vac pan/kick under island
Island measures 5 feet by 8 feet and features 6 inch turned leg posts extended to the corners. (island fits 4 bar stools)
Flooring, engineerd hardwood oak by bellefloor in wenge.
Wine rack on end of island.
Triarch "The Classic" pendants over island.

The backsplash that I've ordered.

view from livingroom
(please ignore the mess, we were tiling the entry in this photo)

Pantry door has since been frosted..

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Traditional Classic Styled White kitchen- 99% finished!

Very nice! It looks so serene and fits well with the wonderful view you have!

o

Wow!

o

Beautiful job! What a serene view you have, too! Where are you located? Love the black island in contrast to the white.

o

May I please archive your kitchen in the Finished Kitchens Blog? I know you still need a backsplash but I can add it now and update your photos after the bs is done. :-)
Please submit the Category Checklist to give permission.
Thank you!

Here is a link that might be useful: FKB Category Checklist

o

Absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!

o

Beautiful - and the view is incredible!

o

That is a gorgeous kitchen!!!! Do you mind telling me the exact name of the tile you are using for a backsplash? I really love the way it looks, and hope you put up a picture when you have it installed.

Thanks so much for sharing your pics. The rest of your house looks great too!

o

Yum!

o

I love your kitchen and LR area. Everything is perfect!!!

o

ABsolutely beautiful!

o

GORGEOUS! I have a couple of questions:
1) Your flooring is it laminate or real hardwood oak?
How do you like it?

2) Is the color of your island a black color or very dark brown? Looks great!

o

Hey MuranoGirl! We need pictures with your completed backsplash, it's beautiful!. And I must know where that view is coming from, it's gorgeous. Would also love to see pics of your pantry.

o

Your kitchen is very nice and I love your style!!! I have been looking at Kashmir white granite for my kitchen countertops and was wondering if yours has any green or yellow tones to it, and what colors your stone primarily is. I wasn't that fond of the greenish tones, but love your photo, so I wanted to see what you thought. Also, is your island painted black? The flow looks great from room to room.

o

Beautiful kitchen!!!!!!!!!!! Just lovely!

Could you tell me more about the light fixture (double tiered uplight chandelier) you have above your kitchen table? I am looking for something just like it. Thank you!!!

o

Can you tell me where you found your pendant lights? I've tried looking at Triarch but don't see them. Also, is your chandelier part of the same grouping? Thanks so much!

Your home is gorgeous!

o

Your kitchen, family room and view are gorgeous!!! I love everything you did. Love the color of the island. The burnt sienna looks great with your granite. Lovely all around! Thanks for taking the time to post!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here