Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
oh yuck, scaly stuff in tap water

Posted by jubileej (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 19, 06 at 22:08

One of my first full course week-nite suppers fixed in my kitchen, and I used unfiltered tap for cooking a lot of things, washing salad greens, DRINKING TEA, etc. Went for a second cup after dinner - and all this thin transparent scaly looking brown stuff was in cup - tried running some more in a clear container and yes - it was definitely in the tap water!

Called the police (since nighttime) who contacted the water district. They said not to worry - either manganese stirred up or something in the pipes stirred up - won't hurt me. I told him it looked like a ground up salamander.

I do have a filtered water faucet on my granite countertop - just didn't realize at the time of ordering that it did not include the canister and rest of unit.

My fingers are going to fly over this keyboard ordering the rest of unit! Yucko!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: oh yuck, scaly stuff in tap water

I'm following up my own post to get this crap off the top of the discussions board! Can hardly wait til my under-sink canisters come in, since my old faucet had one of those add on filters, and we've just been trusting the town water for now.

o

wow, that's awful; is it better now.

o

Yeah - no more salamander - but, gives one pause to ponder. I guess those little faucet filters did make a dif.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here