Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mlaj2000

Beaches Sandy Bay resort in Jamaica?????????

mlaj2000
17 years ago

Well, I haven't posted in a while... so how have y'all been? We are planning our DD's sweet 16 vacation (instead of a big party)

Has anyone been to Beaches Sandy Bay? I know Turks and Caicos and Negril are supposed to be good. But I am looking for first hand experience with the Sandy Bay resort.

Thanks so much for your help.

Comments (9)

• jubileej
    17 years ago

Wow - I loved Sandy Bay - we took the kids when my oldest was in high school, and they just adored it. I forget why -exactly but we liked Sandy Bay better than the slightly more upscale Negril - and could still go and take advantage of things at Negril when we wished. As I recall, there were 3 Beaches resorts in a row along that stretch and Sandy Bay was in the middle, and we thought it was the best of the group in terms of atmosphere and friendliness.

If you have younger kids - just make sure they don't go slipping off to find the all nite beach grill at 3 a.m. - which I found out later, my 8 yr. old had done while we slept! Though it was a very family friendly feeling place.

• mlaj2000
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks jubilee.

I was hoping that someone had the info I was seeking.
    Looks like this could be the place for us in 2007.

Lisa

• chiefneil
    17 years ago

I've never been to Beaches (all-inclusive resorts aren't my thing), but my favorite hotel in Jamaica is the Ritz Carlton in Montego Bay. Outstanding service, amazing food, and a great hotel.

• jubileej
    17 years ago

Enjoy! My kids (now 23 & 17), still talk about it!

• uxorial
    17 years ago

Here's a link to Tripadvisor, where you can read lots of reviews and see photos posted by folks who have been there.

I use tripadvisor reviews to choose almost all my vacation lodging. There are also forums (click on the "forums" tab at the top of the page) with good info.

If you want to see more photos, try searching Webshots for the name of the hotel. Chances are lots of people have posted their travel photos.

Here is a link that might be useful: tripadvisor reviews of Beaches Sandy Bay

• mitchdesj
    17 years ago

I've never been but you might enjoy going to the forums on
    www.fodors.com

go to "talk" and then pick your section, in your case carribean or islands.
    I find a lot of current info there, and the search engine is excellent.
    They are very active forums.

I've been registered there for years and I research all my trips and vacations there.

• 3katz4me
    17 years ago

mitch - thanks for the tip on Fodors. I'm not going to Jamaica but trying to find info on another destination - that looks like a great resource.

• mitchdesj
    17 years ago

yes gibby, I always find great advice there, be it a restaurant recommendation for new york, or a hotel in rome, whatever; I usually do a search first.
    The key is that the forums are very busy so the info comes rapidly.

• jubileej
    17 years ago

DH tells me that it is Beaches Negril that we stayed at, not Sandy Bay, and we went over to Sandals in Negril occasionally for their amenitities. However, if Sandy Bay is the 3rd one on the beach, then it is practically the same resort as Negril - right next door.