Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sick of the popups.....

Posted by Alex399 (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 22, 05 at 21:06

First on the general forums page, then on the threads page, then whenever I open a friggin' thread, this stupid Kohls ad is in my face... Sure they give you the little 'x' in the corner to close it, but IT DOESNT CLOSE. (Yeah, I use Firefox with the proper settings, they found a way around it) I dont need to wait through this stupid ad every time I want to help someone with their question.... Screw you GardenWeb, what are you going to do when all the users get fed up and leave?

Im outta here... Sheesh....

(Im posting on multiple forums, hoping to be banned for good.. I dont want to be tempted to return!)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sick of the popups.....

I have Firefox too, and was about to pull my hair out b/c of the Kohl's ad. You have to download the Adblock extension. I've been browsing flash-ad free for days now. Even my pop up blocker didn't get those horrible ads, but Adblock did!

o

Thanks, so much, renofan!~
I didn't know about the adblock extension.. it seems to be working!! Fingers crossed! ;0
I will just use this browser for this site, only. Didn't set it as my default browser.
Thanks again,
Silly

o

OK, I downloaded the adblock extension for Firefox, rebooted, and now what do I do????

I wouldn't shop at Kohls now if you paid me.

o

Go to http://www.panicware.com/ and download their free pop-up blocker. Problem solved

Here is a link that might be useful: Pop-up Blocker

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here