Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
solman_gw

Colorful Mexican Kitchens Part V111!

solman
14 years ago

OMG Guys,

Yaaaaayy we're on Part V111!

My this is going to be a REAL NICE Mexican Kitchen.

Here is a link that might be useful: Link to Part V11 of this thread.

Comments (150)

• solman
    Original Author
    14 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Oh, I forgot the tableware and Cutlery.

I think we need square Bamboo plates with Tigerwood chopsticks.

Some Jasmine incense would be nice too. I'll hand out the fresh Orchids to the ladies to put in their hair as they walk onto the Boat.

• steff_1
    14 years ago

Oh, but solman...

That sounds like a party where Jamaican Jerk Kingfish would certainly be the star along with some of the other specialties you picked up in town. BTW, how was it?

And we eagerly await confirmation that all is going well with plllog's tile project.

• plllog
    14 years ago

Silly, silly Solman! Of course Mariachis have played on boats!!!

I'm not sure about the orchids though. I hate getting the sap in my hair.

Yes. The tiles have arrived. They're okay. Not brilliant, but flat and within tollerance of the sample. Most of them. A couple are whack. It'll be okay. Breathe. Don't jinx it. Shhhhhhhh!!!

Steff, good luck with all the contractors. It sounds like remodelling is catching where you live.

• solman
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Bottle of Zuccardi, Malbec-Shiraz, Fuzion $7.45

Pair of Banana Republic Jeans $79.00

Porsche Boxster $65,000

Fresh Jamaican Jerk Kingfish Dinner, Priceless!

• plllog
    14 years ago

Why would you eat in a Porsche?

Nice plate, however.

• solman
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Bottle of Zuccardi, Malbec-Shiraz, Fuzion $7.45

Pair of Banana Republic Jeans $79.00

Porsche Boxster $65,000

Fresh Jamaican Jerk Kingfish Dinner, Priceless!

• plllog
    14 years ago

Yo! Solman! Lay off the refresh button!

I don't know what you've been feeding it, but that button is burping big time!

• steff_1
    14 years ago

Yum, looks like a great dinner. That plate does match the kitchen.

plllog - I think trading up is out and updating/remodeling is in. My sister is retiring and building a smaller house on a larger lot.

• solman
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Yoooooh! What's with that refresh button? This thing is a live wire.

• solman
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Plllog, Stef- How do you feel today? Any hangovers? Plllog I tried to warn you that you were drinking Champagne not Mineral Water.

That was a great Tile Fiesta. Wish I could have one of those Dolphins as my pet but my pond just isn't big enough. And how would we get him here?

Or wait, maybe it would be easier to bring the house to him. As in build a Mexican house on a private island near plllogs place. Then he can be always around the house, literally! And when I need Tamales, I just jump into the boat and come to shore for the drive to East L.A.

Stef- Did you... forget the photo of your Sopa de Tortillas?

• prairie-girl
    14 years ago

I have no Sopa de Tortillas for you, solman, but I have a different pic for you. :o)

I pulled a good one today - cooked eggs and then stuck them outside to cool. I forgot they were there, then went and did my stuff. When I got home, I remembered them. lol There is about a half inch of ice on the top of the pot. When I move it, the bottom layer of eggs rotate around the top one, which is frozen into the layer of ice on top. ooopie hehehe

Not nearly as pretty a presentation as your Jamaican Jerk Kingfish Dinner!!

Frozen hard boiled egg, anyone?

• steff_1
    14 years ago

The Sopa de Tortilla went quickly and nobody wanted to wait for a photo. But I did not forget and I will probably make more next week, so I'll plan a little extra time.

That's funny, Missy. We've been putting stuff outside to cool off all day just for fun. We got a little warmer than they thought, but most of the day was 34F/1C. Last night the news had all kinds of helpful info on how to avoid frostbite. They didn't cancel school, but they assured us that schools were planning to run the heat all night so the rooms would be warm in the morning and the kids would be allowed in early. The stores are running out of cold weather gear, as if they had much in stock in first place.

• plllog
    14 years ago

LOL!!! Missy, I love the eggs!!!

Solman, check with your government. Salinating the pond might poison the ground water or something, and you could get in big trouble. Besides the fact that dolphins live in family groups and want to be with their loved ones. Finding a maverick to come live in your yard is going to take so much interviewing you might as well just get a beach house in Frontera and watch them from shore.

Steff, that's scary! Frostbite? 34°? Ugh!! I know you get colder than we do, but still... We were supposed to get some rain in a few days but it blew away. Looks like more drought. They keep talking "El Niño" but we've yet to see any real wet, and I think your "it's really La Niña" is probably closer to the truth. Not that I like rain, but I do like tap water...useful stuff, that.

Too much standing stress. I'm trying not to go to sleep. And highly recommend the crocs with the removable fleece liners. Very kind to the feet, and cuddly.

Solman, how are the choices going? Any progress with the Tile Setter? BTW, good point about fireclay sinks: When you tile in, it's forever. There's not replacing the sink without wrecking the tile. Fireclay can crack. It's rare, but it happens. Just a thought...

• solman
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Missy, The frozen eggs are great. I'm wondering how they taste. Thanks for the photo. We've now started a Foodafotorama! Stef, plllog, hint hint.

So, where's Solman been? Physically he was in America, well um Buffalo, NY, if you class that as America. Unfortunately for Buffalonians, but ABSOLUTELY true, it is the armpit of America. After every shopping trip in Buffalo we feel so fortunate to be Canadians. Yes I was at the Walmart getting a hot new cellphone. I can proudly say that I have the cheapest one in all of North America, $19.99 Nokia 1661, including SIM Card! It features a flashlight and FM Radio!

Actually I'm quite proud of the purchase. Just a SIM card alone in Canada is $35 highway robbery. Now the key is I have to call T-Mobile tomorrow and pretend that I'm a Buffalonian travelling to Canada and need to unlock the phone so that it works up there. When they give me the unlock code, then I'm set to put it on a Canadian carrier.

This should tide over until the next iPhone release in June or the iSlate in 3 weeks. I DARE anyone to steal this one :)

Can't get hold of the tile setter, will try again tomorrow.

• plllog
    14 years ago

Forget it, Solman! I'm not uploading pictures of bread and cheese on paper plates. You'll just have to wait until I have a kitchen. ;)

WHOA!! Sounds like that phone was worth the drive. Be careful about issuing blanked dares, however. Someone might just want to prove his machismo on you.

I'm awake. I promise.

• solman
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Baywatch Central, hope you're faring better than this. Stef-Hope the frostbite talk in SA was just humor. Frostbite at 0 Degrees! We look at frostbite in the minus 20's and below.

Not much action today, no trips to fragrant Buffalo, NY. It literally smells like a toxic Sulphur soup when you're there. I NEVER open windows there and switch ventilation to recirculating.

But might go again tomorrow for Plugmolding. Still never seen in Canada. Plllog. where did you buy yours? Have you ever seen it at the Big Box stores?

By the way, when I was in the big TO the other day, dropped into IKEA and they had some dresser table in yes, White Milkpaint look. Beech i think with knots visible. So semi transparent look. Maybe IKEA got the idea from our discussions. Little copycats!

No one home at the Tile Setter. No surprise there, believe me.

• plllog
    14 years ago

I have a GC who has an electrician. I tell the GC and he tells the electrician, and this is the house that Jack built. But, yeah, I think they have the basic stuff at Home Depot. The fancier stuff can be had at an electrical supply store.

Tile setters went home for the weekend.

Nap time.

• solman
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Something tweaked my interest because I've never quite gotten past the BLACK cooktop on the Yellow tile counter with a White Oven. IKEA has this really cute 3 Burner strip cooktop in yes Black but Gas. And UK has it in White. But, BIG But:

http://www.environmentalhealth.ca/summer01gas.html

Considerations

1. Health (article above seems credible with very valid points)

2. I believe, by building code, gas cooking Appliances require direct venting outside of the home. But to do that in this Kitchen reno, would mean running the duct pipe through the boxed in pipes in Kitchen ceiling AND drilling a minimum six inch diameter hole through the side of Elmsy's beloved Bricks! Oh and some flange thing showing outside to cover the hole on the bricks.

3. The Induction Electric means a smooth BLACK ceramic glass on yellow tile. Or better said, the Yellow tile would stop at the Black cooktop and to the left of it is the end of the counter so just the border of some Yellow and the Cobalt Blue trim tile show.

4. A skinny 3 burner IKEA Gas Cooktop allows lots of Yellow Talaveras surrounding the cooktop to show. Cooktop comes in Black or White in UK.

5. NEW Induction comes in White in Germany but pretty pricey.

6. Wall oven (built in) under the cooktop and Mural is White.

7. Induction by no means has any disadvantage to Gas. It is faster, more efficient 92% vs 42% for Gas, and can boil water in 1.5 minutes vs 7 minutes for Gas.

8. Induction is about $1,000, The 3 Burner Gas is $550. Money not an issue.

9. Is induction too slick and modern. Gas more Rustic and Mexican looking. If you believe the possible health hazards of Gas, these points are rather mute.

10. Will a big Black Glass on Yellow Talavera counter be ugly?

11. Sink is White Cast Iron.

12. If there is any truth to the article on Gas,no question Inducttion gets the nod.

13. Considering, I spent $0 for my last antique Gas Stove, I could splurge and get the latest German AEG "Transparent White" induction model at about $1,600 CDN, I guess.

All started by the cute silly little IKEA 3 burner Gas. But also led to a nice little research assignment.

• solman
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Plllog, we didn't realize that you actually have all the tiles to finish your back splash and counter?

I thought you had just samples to approve the next production. But sounds like you got all that is required which is GREAT! You mean we'll be seeing photos soon?

Please tell the tile setters to do a great job. That's my future kitchen they're touching!

• solman
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Remember when we were in school and we laughed at all the adults that wore really bad jeans. Well, I hope all the cool young Hotties won't laugh at me when I pull out my NEW $19.99 Nokia. :(

• solman
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Whoops, I just thought of something. Prairie, are you OK? I just had this vision of your Eggs and the SA Frostbite warnings and hoped that you resembled neither.

I could imagine that a frozen egg is like a rock. Hope kids don't put 2 and 2 together on that one.

• solman
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Transparent glass with White paint decor.

Bevelled edge

• plllog
    14 years ago

Coming to you from downtown napville... I had a feeling I should check in, but oh does it feel good to be horizontal!!

Solman, the health article didn't work right, but there's probably a lot of hooey in it. Truth is you don't want to be breathing in natural gas any more than any other petrochemical fume. Some people are allergic to gas. If you have a slow igniter in a sealed room you might have an indoor environment issue. It's supposed to work so that all the gas is combusted. Gas doesn't have the toxicity issues that other combustible cooking fuels (wood, coal) have. It burns cleanly, though a carbon monoxide alarm can't hurt. Neither does a good hood. It's pretty darned safe, however.

You still need a vent with induction. Especially if you ever expect to cook more than rice.

I think you should get the AEG because you keep talking about it. You have all the money you didn't spent on new doors(again), redoing the corner cabinet, or anything like that. You like it. So get it already!!

• solman
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Transparent glass with White paint decor.

Bevelled edge

• solman
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Not sure if you did actually get into the article. I see the URL link in body above didn't work.

Funny I had Asthmatic breathing issues and was treated with Cat/Wool allergies 10 years ago. But possible the Natural Gas fumes (with NO fan or venting) could have been part of the problem. I axed the cat and the stove in the Reno last Fall so will never really know if it was one or the other or both. But thank god, I'm breathing like a Camel now.

I always wonder. Gas is 40% efficient. So the wasted 60% goes somewhere into your Kitchen. Of that some is sucked into your vent. The balance and the amount when you were standing over the stove cooking is ??

I'm surprised not more study and publicity has been done about this. But then again, no one bothered with Asbestos and Formeculite Insulation until 50 years later.
    Another thing. Appears that most of Canada and America cooks with Gas. If patterns of cost are similar, N. Gas in North America is 1/2 the price of Europe. And the fact that it's inefficient, like Gasoline, people here don't care. Until gas prices explode like 2008, then we will care and suddenly start thinking conservation and energy efficiency. As people proved when Toyota could not meet demand for their Hybrid car in '08.

Fossil fuel prices are due to triple within 20 years.

Sounds complicated to compute but I wonder which is less expensive for us to buy now, N. Gas or Electricity.

• steff_1
    14 years ago

Good deal on the phone. When I quit working, I converted an old phone to prepay. Not cool, but works for me.

I went out and found the article. It actually claimed that if you dry your clothes in a gas dryer toxins will stick to the clothes and that toxins from the gas burned for the cooktop will settle on your food. I quit paying attention about that point. I looked at couple other resources and it seems that some allergies can be aggravated by it. I really don't think the modern gas cooktops are much of a hazard. You do need to have good ventilation. My current vent doesn't go outside and it isn't required here, but the new one probably will. All that said, I would seriously consider induction. My new gas cooktop with sealed burners does not have the fine control of the old ones. If I really want to do a long simmer without boiling I need the slow cooker.

Honestly the news people were completely serious about the frostbite. Tonight is predicted mid teens, which is pretty cold. Had to wrap up the bananas, citrus, and cycads. Don't have any palms, but they would probably be toast. Went out shopping today and pretty much had the run of the place. Two more nights of this and then we warm up a bit.

• plllog
    14 years ago

Solman, I said hadn't read it, but there's a lot of hooey out there. Thanks, Steff, for pointing it out. Solman, I'm still iphoning it from napland. Too cozy to get up. I'm sorry you took an axe to your poor kitty. Poor, poor little moggy. I totally believe that the asthma was from the gas, so why put more in??

But it could be the sulphur they scent it with or the presence of combustion, though some people may also be allergic to hydrocarbons. There may also be impure gas out there that's different from the kind I'm familiar with that actually does have some kind of toxins. Stranger things have happened. But a liite carbon monoxide isn't going to do anything to you if it's particles on your clothes. It's when your breathe in enough for it to be bonding with your blood that you have a problem. A gas appliance burning correctly can let out minute amounts of CO. If it's screwed up you can get dangerous amounts of CO. Even without Steff's frostbite warnings here they're always warning the ignorant that they could kill themselves lighting up the hibachi indoors for heat. But you can burn kerosene indoors for heat. Mostly what you get from burning petros is CO2 and water. CO2 is a toxin too.

The efficiency percentage for cooktops isn't fuel burned but released energy transferred to cooking. Induction transfers a high amount of energy to the pot. A lot of that goes to cooking. Some goes to heating the cooktop. The rest goes to heating the room. All the gas inefficiency, past heating the grates and the pot, goes to heating the room.

In your equation you have to include the efficiency of the electricity you're using. If you have hydro you're doing a lot better than if you're burning coal.

BTW, I'm known as the canary in the coal mine. I get headaches in restaurants that haven't been reupholstered since they banned smoking, and wheeze in the hotel rooms where they paint a room instead of changing the wallboard and call it non smoking. I can smell and react to bleach at 50 paces. And I've never had a problem with natural gas, LP, or kerosene. I think it has to be a specific allergy to be a problem, and it's one, thank goodness, that I don't actually have. But since you might, will you please stop fussing and get the white AEG and a proper vent?

• solman
    Original Author
    14 years ago

"but oh does it feel good to be horizontal!!"

That's so sweet. Steff we've got a little Canary and should've known it from the fine tunes she always sings (but not in the mornings, unfortunately). And this one's going right into her little iTunes music folder.

And notice our Yellow Canary is trying to get me to smash a hideous vent hole in those antique bricks and she knows it spooks me. That's why I wanna be just like you. Mr. recirculating Charcoal filter fan. I know, it's not like wearing the complete outfit, but it's better than the last 10 years of NO fan whatsoever. Actually it was gross. All the cupboards had this sticky residue on them and the ceilings (unfinished and unpainted drywall) had yellowed from the Gas cooking.

Funny story. On my last visit to Germany, I was in the Cookware Dep't of the big famous Dep't store Karstadt and listened to some sales Rep pushing his line (Fissler) and it's greatness with Induction. When he asked me what I cooked with, I told him, proudly, Gas and that I would never switch. That was 2007. Luckily I won't be ever seeing that guy again:)

I tend to be like that. Ultra loyal when I believe in something good-Apple.Elin Nordegren must like my words! .

For example, Manual Stick Shift car. I will NEVER buy an Automatic. I PROMISE. Good luck changing me on that one.

Plllog, any reason you don't like the Glass lids for cookware? It's not Pro looking, I admit, but has the great advantage of monitoring cooking without opening the lid and letting valuable heat/flavor out. I used to be adamant about Stainless lids, but like Gas cooking, I've laid off the heat.

I used to think that Glass can't insulate and contain, but all Canadian houses do have modern Thermal Glass which is a proven fantastic heat retainer.

Steff- Do you like Glass lids on Cookware? Missy? I'm sure Marthavila would have some good input on this too. I mean her Manhattan Apple Store is a Glass Mecca. Somehow there could be a correlation :)

By the way plllog, I'm really proud of you swooping down with your iPhone into your posts. June June, iPhone 4.0, then I might bite. But this iTablet is looking so HOT by the day that it may be satisfying enough that my $19.99 Dream Gem Nokia 1661 is a perfect partner. That tablet will be a Big SEXY iPhone. The OS is supposed to be out of this world.

• solman
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Couldn't resist.

Like a young boy with his new X-Mas toy. It's exactly 24 hours later and the thrill still hasn't worn off!

Thanks T-Mobile.

• solman
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Oh plllog, sorry forgot about the axe to the Kitty.

Yeah that didn't go down well in all directions. First it wasn't my Kitty. It was Ms. Wonderful's Cleopatra a.k.a Cleo. SHE was actually my Love Duvet. She would hop into bed with me every night, head sideways on the pillow beside me, and tucked into my chest for dear life (imagine the jealousy of the other feline next door). And fast asleep we both were in seconds.

And no it didn't go down well with the Godmother when I summoned the Cat off the premises for good. Trust me it was true love but C'est la vie.

• solman
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Sent the same gas vs induction vs looks message to Ms. Wonderful and this was her reply:

Sink is White Cast Iron

Induction comes in White in Germany but pretty pricey

Money not an issue.

You have the answers already :-))

Looks like the pressure is on. Must admit, it won't be easy. Tried buying the Induction first time around from Germany but wasn't nearly as receptive as UK.. My UK dealer has no information on it yet, too new. Germany gets everything first. What an advanced society. They have 35 IKEA Kitchen designs on the their site. UK has 13. The Germans are just so perfectly advanced and ahead in everything! Amazing.

• plllog
    14 years ago

LOL!! First Solman accuses me of being a bird, when he's the one who axed the cat. Then he accuses me of being an Apple shill! You notice I don't talk about talking on an iPhone? It's a pretty lousy phone. Great small mobile data platform. Not saying you need one. Only saying why it's inconvenient to go rootling around looking at your articles. This guy said it best a couple of years ago.

Re glass, I think it's more the reflective thing. Glass is an insulator. In fact, electrical insulators are traditionally made of glass, right? And they inventing corningwear making rocket noses. But are we looking for insulators or conductors? I thought it was conductors that made for good cooking.

I don't feel like the glass gets hot like an iron lid and heats back down again, dutch oven style. I've cooked with stainless, aluminum, and glass. Not so much copper, but that's tin on the inside and cooking with tin is similar to aluminum, and copper is a great conductor like aluminum. I definitely prefer cast iron, though the heavy style stainless isn't bad.

But Solman, I'm never pushing you to get what I have whether it's a 90° corner cabinet, entee sink, iPhone or Le Creuset. I posted the boredom festival of pots to encourage you to mix up the colors of whatever you buy, and to show you a green you could mix in that isn't that pukey yellow green. If you like your funky German hypoallergenic glass topped pots, get them! Plus, it doesn't sound like you're that fussy a cook that it'll really matter what kind of pots you have. If you like looking at the food in the pot, go for it. Though if it's really cooking, won't there be too much moisture on the inside of the lid to see much? And if there isn't, then the lids really are harming your cooking...

• solman
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Speaking about being so great and advanced, I hope the Germans don't come here and take all our Medals in Vancouver, next month.

• solman
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Though if it's really cooking, won't there be too much moisture on the inside of the lid to see much? And if there isn't, then the lids really are harming your cooking...

Sharp cookie our Canary is. Another honeystick treat for you.

Wish you were beside me 2 years ago when I had this argument with my Ex who was a glass lid worshipper. And I said exactly what you did. In fact, I bought one glass lid pot, pre-reno, to try it out and sure enough, with water boiling and steam inside, you see absolutely nothing because the kid is all steamed up.

I agree, time to cover up the privates again.

• solman
    Original Author
    14 years ago

correction the "lid" is all steamed up. So was Tiger ;)

• plllog
    14 years ago

Ms. Wonderful understands brevity.

And makes much sense.

Don't you have any German friends who can intercede? You really don't speak German? You seem to surf German web well. Can you find a store in Germany where someone speaks a language you know? My French wasn't good enough to buy my Gagg for less from France online, but perhaps they have your AEG in Spain?

Now about Mog Cleo, if I understand right, she was Ms. W's cat but she slept with you, not her (you're probably warmer--cats miss the warmth of Egypt), and then you threw her out without Ms. W's permission? Sometimes I get lost in your stories...

• solman
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Yup you've got that story right- dead on!

Yeah. I wasn't too popular after that. Either with the Cleo or her Mother.

In case she's lurked our thread, I thank her for her forgiveness. Isn't that what love's all about? :)

• plllog
    14 years ago

Actually, thinking of it, does having a glass lid retain more heat than one that heats up? And therefore make it hotter in the pot rather than dispersing some more heat into the room? Or does the heat reflect down more once the iron lid is hot?

I don't know. I'm not really good at physics. I just like solid lids.

Again, this doesn't mean the funky German pots are bad! They might be very suitable for you. Just choose what you like best. Or start with one of each and try them out.

• plllog
    14 years ago

Oooh! Look who's playing on Pacific Coast Time!!!

• solman
    Original Author
    14 years ago

You should have heard the German Pot Company's reaction when she asked me what color I wanted the set in?

My answer was all of them!

By the way Plllog. These were the choices:

"shiny black
    red,
    green
    orange
    blue
    (yellow could be little complicated).

Please advise whuch coilours you are interested in."

Any preferences from above?

• solman
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Oooh! Look who's playing on Pacific Coast Time!!!

I better get to bed right now before my Mommy finds out what I've been doing.

• plllog
    14 years ago

Not the pukey green. Any of the others are fine. Yellow would be nice if it's not too complicated. Maybe there's one shape in the yellow available that you could round out with?

• plllog
    14 years ago

Can't you hide a flashlight under the covers?

::snicker::

• solman
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Or get a new Macbook with an illuminated keyboard :)

• plllog
    14 years ago

I thought you were getting the tablet thing?

• solman
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank You. Correction - iSlate with the cool glowing App. icons

C'mon Mr. Jobs, I've been in line waiting for 2 years now!

Santa, hope you heard that. Actually X-Mas is a LONG ways away.

But Santa, don't you believe in early X-Mas presents, for good boys like me? Like Jan 25? :)

• solman
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Good Morning Stef-Missy.

By the way, I haven't heard a peep from our Canary this morning. She's nice and soft and colorful and all but usually Canaries are at their peak song in the mornings.

We must have a new Global Warming breed that sings into the night but lays low in the mornings. Real low.

Stef-any frostbite on your toes? Sorry, couldn't resist :)

If any SA people mention the F word, just remind them that there are 4 NFL playoff games being played outdoors this weekend.

• steff_1
    14 years ago

Hello, Solman. The last time I got frostbite I was in Canada, of course. The plants are doing okay and it is still below freezing. An entire generation of SA folks have never seen this kind of cold.

Speaking of birds, Arctic birds have been spotted here for the first time in years.

I can sympathize with the cat allergies as I am allergic too. Gas appliances never caused the same reaction for me.

Haven't cooked with glass lids or pans, so can't say how it works or doesn't. I adjust recipes based on the pan and then no peeking. Cast iron is what I prefer, I have a couple of stainless and Calphalon also. I don't plan to display them so matching the pan to the task is what works for me.

• plllog
    14 years ago

'Morning, Solman!
    It's dark as a dungeon and damp as the dew,
    Where danger is double and pleasures are few,
    Where the rain never falls and the sun never shines
    It's dark as a dungeon way down in the mine.
    Us coalmine canaries don't know night from day, and we don't sing. We just wheeze when things get dicey then croak.

And it's not even 10:00 a.m.!

Steff, thanks for explaining the whole matching pot thing. It never occurred to me to think of what they looked like on display! And in my old kitchen I kept the Le Creuset on the stove/counter, because I didn't have anywhere to put them away. But that's just visible, not display And I thought they looked good with the hood and the poppy (they came first) but I never thought about displaying them, or any other pots. Other than the classic French pot rack with copper pots, which always seemed more decorative than functional to me anyway, I've just never considered it. So...lightbulb goes on! People display matched sets of pots. Interesting...

ACK!!!! I just realized that I didn't see a soup pot during the Le Creuset festival. They better not have discontinued it!!! It's the best pot ever!

Glad the plants are okay.

• steff_1
    14 years ago

Td4 that soup pot. I really should do an inventory and update on the pans soon.

This is probably the last post on this thread. See you in part IX.

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County