Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
On the lighter side, inspiration from Ingvar :)

Posted by flyleft (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 30, 06 at 20:13

*4th* richest man in the world??? WOW. Yet he still walks his talk (except of course he moved to Switzerland rather than pay taxes in Sweden, or maybe I'm being jaded? :)).

Gotta love the company ethic, though...

Here is a link that might be useful: IKEA billionaire flies coach :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: On the lighter side, inspiration from Ingvar :)

I think he is very good when it comes to motivating his employees, and image making. He obviously knows smart business practices. But don't you just wonder what goes on when noone is looking?

o

LOL you mean like why he lives in Switzerland rather than Sweden, for example? :)

Yeah, yeah, that's definite. But the co. walks a great deal more talk than other cos. and did it before it was fashionable. For that I give them all credit.

o

That is true. But, I wonder how big of a house he lives in and what he's doing with his fortune. Hopefully not socking it away for a rainy day. Gotta admire Gates just a little.

o

...but do I have to admire *Microsoft*??? :)

Interesting question. I'd like to know what he's doing with his $$$$$$$$$$$.

o

This is what Gates does with his money.

Here is a link that might be useful: here is a link that might be helpful

o

No, I meant Ingvar. I'm aware of what Gates does.

o

Sorry flyleft, I misunderstood you.

o

OK, flyleft, I know I posted a rather terse comment about this person (don't actually know about him). I have, however, tried to find some info about his personal life and curiously not much available. Do you know anything to enlighten us?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here