Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Andy Williams

Posted by AnnaLeeF (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 24, 05 at 20:08

Did anyone catch the reprise of the old Andy Williams' Christmas specials last night on public television?
Wow - we were mesmerized and that was just at the clothes from the 70s. The Osmond brothers (Donnie was just a wee one) were on many of the episodes and the Williams Brothers (did not remember Andy was once part of a family quartet) were in every segment.

The Williams brothers wore solid colors (sweater, slacks, sox, shoes) from neck down, almost seeming like PJ's, from orange to fushia to lavender to white to red (each wore a different color when together). Quite a bit of history.
His former wife Claudine Longet (spelling?) also appeared with the kiddos.

The scenery and special effects looked so primitive compared to today's computer-generated magic. But the music was wonderful and timeless.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Andy Williams

Yes Anna Lee I saw it and I thought it was great looking at how young and happy they looked. I especially liked it when Andy was dancing with his mom and his dad cut in to dance. It was so nostalgic. How simple the shows were back, I really enjoyed it.

o
RE: Andy Williams

I saw this last year. As a kid, I always like The Andy Williams Show. The Osmonds brothers were amazing singers, something I didn't realize when I was young. I can see why Andy Williams, also a member of a talented singing brothers act, mentored the Osmonds. He must have felt enormous kinship with them. It was great to see the Williams brothers reunite for the show too. In a way, I kind of miss television programming like that. There's nothing today that compares.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here