Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jillypie_gw

Life on the train.

jillypie
17 years ago

OrganicDonna suggested I post a link here to an incredible video, just perfect for the holiday spirit-for anytime actually. I hope all of you appreciate it as I did.

http://www.inspiringthots.net:80/movie/life-on-train.php

Comments (14)

• jillypie
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Here is the direct link

Here is a link that might be useful: Life On The Train

• organic_donna
    17 years ago

Hi everyone,
    jilliepie e-mailed this to me. I started crying when I saw the little girl carrying her own bags off the train. I could really relate to that feeling. It is both a sad and happy story about life. So many people come in and out of our lives. Sometimes life is so sad and other times so joyful. The people we meet and the people we lose. And knowing that someday our own train ride will come to an end.
    I am going to try and have a meaningful journey for 2007. I hope all of us on GW can continue our ride together and grow and learn from each other. I wish you all a joyful 2007.
    organic_donna

• acoreana
    17 years ago

Thank you so much for this link. I can't even express how deeply it touches me.

My 30 year old brother in law passed away on Christmas Eve...he leaves behind my 28 year old sister and a five year old daughter...just typing these words is gut wrenching, I feel like I'm making it real...it's real no matter what...

I will share this with my sister when the time is right.

I wish he could of stayed on his little girl's train a bit longer, helped her along her just begun way, but his seat is now empty,

Nat

• organic_donna
    17 years ago

Oh Nat,
    You're breaking my heart. My father died when I was 12. That train story brought back the feelings of abandonment. What a terrible loss for your family. My thoughts are with you. I am so sorry his journey on earth had to end so soon. There is a saying that does make me feel better.
    We are not humans having a spiritual experience....we are spirits having a human experience. I am not a religious person, but I hope that our souls live on.
    Donna

• jillypie
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Nat,
    Please accept my condolences for your family's horrendous loss. The journey is not always easy. I am touched if the video was in any way beneficial to you at this time.
    Jillypie

• organic_donna
    17 years ago

I bumped this up again, please take a look.
    Donna

• caflowerluver
    17 years ago

I have watched this twice and didn't comment the first time because it stirred up so many emotions, I couldn't really put them into words. I am still finding it difficult. After 55 years I have said goodbye to a lot of people, both very young and very old. It doesn't matter how long they have been in your life, it is sad and you will miss them. But life, or the train ride, goes on and so must we. I try to look forward to the next passenger I will meet, and not brood about the ones that are gone. Certain things are beyond our control and all we can do is accept them.
    Clare

• jillypie
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Clare,
    You put the feeling very well. I am actually very bad at letting go. Maybe that should be my resolve for the future.

• acoreana
    17 years ago

Thank you so much for the kind words. It still seems like this isn't happening, like I'm going to wake up any second. I read my sister a portion of your post the other night, Donna. I'm so sorry for your loss at such a young age. I am trying to plan out how best to be there for my niece.

We are all getting the feeling he's still around, and we have had an experience which seems to confirm it, so I don't think that seat is as empty as it may first appear.

Thanks, again, for sharing this wonderful link. The timing was unbelievable.

Nat

• paulines
    17 years ago

That was beautiful, Jillypie ~ thank you so much for sharing.

Nat, wishing you and your family peace and strength, what a terrible loss.

• organic_donna
    17 years ago

clare,
    What a beautiful way to express your thoughts. This video meant so much to me and it seemed like no one was reading it. I am glad that it touched you.
    Nat,
    You are especially in my thoughts today. Yesterday my former husbands brother lost his son in a terrible accident. He was 30 years old.
    I am glad that you are feeling your brother in law's presence. That should give you some comfort. The best thing your sister can do to honor him is to live her life with as much happiness and joy as she can. He would want her to have a beautiful and happy life.
    When my father died it was 1967. No one in my family really noticed how I felt. They just saw me as a little kid. My father was my hero. I was a daddy's girl. His death has affected me my entire life. The part that was missing was having a male figure to help me make the right choices in life. I hope that your sister's daughter can find a adult male that will be a surrogate dad for her. She needs a male figure to tell her she is good and kind and deserves someone that will treat her like she deserves to be treated. Someone to teach her how to love herself first.
    If your brother in law's death doesn't seem real that's OK. Maybe it's too soon to face the finality of death. It does get easier in time.
    Donna

• organic_donna
    17 years ago

Nat,
    I want to add one more thought. The part of my father that I really miss is his voice. I don't remember what it sounded like. If your brother in law's voice was on their answering machine, please save it for his daughter. When she grows up she will want to play it. If you have videos of him with audio of course that would be better. I wish I could hear my dads voice again.
    Donna

• jillypie
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Donna,
    What an amazing thing to say- My parents both died before voice mail etc. I can remember a lot of stuff- but not their voices.

• acoreana
    17 years ago

Thank you, again. Thanks also to those who have taken the time to e-mail me. Your thoughtfulness means the world.

Donna, you can trust that your words are cautiously going to be headed, and thank you so much. I feel like maybe these small things we can do will somehow help her in the years to come.

I think that perhaps, as for Clare, this video stirs up emotions that are not easily expressed.

Mine were so new and raw, that they came pouring out. I may not have been able to share otherwise.

Nat