Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cu (sic) de grace

Posted by RheaT (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 12, 05 at 16:30

Any copper fans out there?

Today I went to Tuesday Morning to look for stocking stuffers. Imagine my surprise to find a 10-piece set of Cuisinart copper clad pots and pans for only $299.

Happy holidays to me!!!

I snapped up the last set in the store.

I'm mentioning this in case any of you have been lusting after copper pots and pans but have been put off by the price. Get yourself to Tuesday Morning...and hurry!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cu (sic) de grace

Not interested in copper pots but I LOVE your pun!!! Very clever!

o

I have Cuisinart copper pots and pans, I love them. I put mine in the DW and they come out looking great (my daughter washed them in the DW while I was on vacation last year, and they seem none the worse for it).

Enjoy

o

Good shopping, Rhea! A pat on the back to you!

o

Great deal, I love copper....
it's coup de grce....

Don't you find that holiday shopping makes you see all this wonderful stuff for yourself, not others.... it happens to me a lot.....
Since dh and I do not exchange gifts, I feel justified in indulging when needed.

o

Too cool!!!! I just LOVE it when something like that comes along.

mitch, Cu is the chemical symbol for copper so it's tongue in cheek.

o

Yeah - the cu means copper. And (sic) means the mistake is there on purpose. Very punny and very clever.

o

and "(sic)" means "this isn't a mistake; it's the way it was in the original, or the way I want it now"

o

Being french canadian, I always wondered what sic meant; thanks for enlightening me, so the pun is trs cute. Love it.

I should not post at 5:33 a.m. before my coffee......
Now I'm wearing egg on my face....
lol, I can take it.

o

I am impressed with the price on the pots, but I am WAY impressed with the DOUBLE pun! Not only the cu for copper, but the cu for Cuisinart!

I love words!

o

I'm third generation punster on my paternal line. Glad some of you enjoyed the pun.

demicent, have you ever read any of Willard Espy's books? They're a lot of fun for folks who enjoy wordplay.

o

Just felt like bumping the last post for some reason.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here