Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
cookie recipe for stressed out TKOers : )

Posted by angelcub (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 22, 06 at 12:48

I think we should add this "recipe" to the list of things everyone needs in their temporary kitchens. : )

Christmas Cookies
1 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
1 cup granulated sugar
4 large eggs (or eggs whites)
2 cups dried fruit (dried cranberries or raisins)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts or pecans
2 cups all purpose flour
1 bottle Jose Cuervo Tequila (silver or gold, as desired)

First, sample the Cuervo to check quality. Take a large bowl. Check the Cuervo to be sure it is of the highest quality.
Pour 4 ounces in a measuring cup and drink. Turn on the electric mixer. Beat one cup of the butter in a large fluffy bowl. Add one teaspoon sugar. Beat again.

At this point, it is best to make sure the Cuervo is still OK. Try another 4 ounces, just in case. Turn off the mixerer thingy. Break two leggs and add to the bowl and chuck in the cup of dried fruit, picking the frigging fruit off the floor.

Mix on the turner. If the fried druit gets stuck in the beaterers, just pry it loose with a screwdriver. Sample the Cuervo to check for tonsisticity.

Next, sift 2 cups of salt or something. Check the Jose Cuervo. Now shift the lemon juice and strain your nuts. Add one table. Add a spoon of sugar, or somefink. Whatever you can find. Greash the oven. Turn the cake tin 360 degrees and try not to fall over. Don't forget to beat off the turner.

Finally, throw the bowl through the window, finish the Cose Juervo and make sure to out the stove in the dishwasher.

Cherry Mistmas!!

Diana

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: cookie recipe for stressed out TKOers : )

I can relate.
I was making a amaretto fudge this afternoon. Easy to do in a temp kitchen.

1 12oz package of semisweet chocolate chips
1 14oz can of eagle brand sweetened condensed milk
1/4 cup amaretto
1 tsp. almond flavoring
3/4 cups slivered almonds

Mix chocolate chips and milk in a bowl, cove loosely, and nuke for 3 minutes on high.
Stir until smooth then add flavoring. Pour into a greased 8 in square pan and sprinkle with almonds.
Put into refrigerator until set and cut into squares.

Not wanting the amaretto to go to waste, after all this recipe only uses 1/4 cup, I had several sips myself.

Called Dh and told his to bring home a pizza for dinner. As I have already had dessert.

I sometime make this and just put it in a jar and keep in the refrigerator.
Really great warmed up and put on ice cream.

Merry Christmas

o

Diana,

I hope that some of the folks on the $3.2 million house thread try this out.

Thanks for the laugh.

Donna

o

Loving this thread! Sounds like I would love tht Amaretto fudge too. Clipped the recipe.

o

DH just made his traditional Christmas Linzetorte with rum. I don't know if he was sampling as he went. He does seem to be in a good mood. Thanks for the laugh.
Clare

o

Amaxing! I jusht made th shame recip but I ushed Absholut. Now I am tring to figur which butons to presh and which roundy thingie to ushe on my new Advatum so I can bake. Any idears?

o

Nope! You shoulderve got a WOOF - no buddons to pull. ZJust give the ol knob a roo a spin. ; )

o

I du have a woof. Hiz name is Bogie Bichon. Shiriously, they cook? I luv you, gurl, yu are the bestest!

o

Ya. Theesh ur good. Jusht et em. Better than the ginjy cookiesh I made earli er shooner er firsht. But whatchoo talking about up thair? I didn't pull or spin ady buddons. Theshe are shelf-cooking cookies - musht be when flying through window wheee! Jusht go head and eet 'em. Besht take boddle of jose into the street witchoo when u go to find cookie ant bowl in shtreet. I jess sat on shtreet and et coookie shtuff with my besht friend jose curvo. ummmmmmm!

o

Well, after two days of non-stop baking, my head is splitting! Must be all that sugar. My friend Betty tells me I have two options to get relief - one is to continue baking more cookies, the other is to spend a few weeks with her. See ya......

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here