Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jamie1s

Ways of working

Jamie
12 years ago

We have an architect.

The project has been scoped waaaay down, so we probably don't need him much any more. It has come down to kitchen and bath in existing small footprint.

We are about to interview contractors.

My question for you at this time is how do I find out who the design master will be (besides me?).

I want to know who will choose lighting, flooring, and all materials. What should look out for? The down-scoping we have already done is all about money, of course. I need to keep the costs of professionals down, too. What sort of person/arrangement will I be looking at? The typical kitchen cabinet shop won't cut it, I don't think, because I need the whole picture, including lighting, in our unique space.

I should add that DH is interviewing the contractors and I can't be present. Do I have to hire an independent kitchen designer? If so, how would I expect her to work with the contractor and architect?

These people all make more per hour than I do and I'm getting really nervous. But I want a high-quality, beautiful, small installation that works in the old house.