Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Merry Christmas

Posted by chloe_cdg (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 5, 06 at 1:37

I hope those of you who have said you are divorced, getting divorced and so on can at least find comfort and joy over the holidays whether that be with friends, family or spritually in the Lord. Remember, the kitchen is a gathering place for family and friends to cook, eat and share good company and memories over the holidays so here is a virtual toast from ol' chloe...enjoy!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Merry Christmas

Maybe these are heartfelt thoughts, but this type of religious topic is forbidden on this forum.

o

"share good company and memories over the holidays"

this sentence in your post includes everyone and I like that !!!

o

I like the whole thing. God bless you and your family, Chloe.

:-)

Merry Christmas!!

o

I like the topic, too, but she just registered yesterday, and is singling out divorced and soon-to-be divorced people. Why?

o

Hey's guys, calm down. If she just joined let's make her feel welcome. The sentiments sound genuine. We can't debate everything.
Donna

o

pmto4, there are a few posts about relationships down the list, that would be why !!

I was speaking to a divorce lawyer last week and she said it's the time of year where she questions why she went in that line of work; conflicts peak during the holidays more than any other time of the year.
My son is going through a recent separation and I can vouch for this !!
Peace all !!

o

pm24, I'm with you. I'm sure the sentiments were well intended, but I also wondered why divorced people were singled out and a religious reference added. There are plenty of posts in this section about people with various difficulties. To me the post had a patronizing undertone. I wasn't going to say anything, but I didn't want you to think you were the only one!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here