Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
quietlife3

Need great breakfast suggestion

quietlife3
15 years ago

The in-laws are coming this weekend and I need a great breakfast that I can do easily, possibly the night before. We will be having an early Thanksgiving dinner Saturday, so I don't want anything too time consuming as I will be focusing on the dinner. I've seen many casserole recipes and some even for the crock pot, but I'm wondering if any of you have a go-to recipe for company that doesn't make you a slave to the kitchen.

Thanks!

Comments (10)

• Buehl
    15 years ago

You might check the Cooking Forum. You'll get quite a bit more replies as it is a lot more active than Kitchen Conversations. [Kitchen Discussions, OTOH, is very active...but it's for kitchen remodel types of discussions.]

Here is a link that might be useful: Cooking Forum

• quietlife3
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks - I wasn't aware of it. I'll try there.

• happytobehome
    15 years ago

This is my favorite recipe for holiday breakfasts! I also take it to morning social functions at church. So easy and always a hit. I serve it with a fruit salad which can also be made the night before. I'll check back in case you have any questions.

SEMI-HOMEMADE STICKY BUNS

INGREDIENTS:

1 cup pecan halves or pieces
    1 cup raisins
    2 loaves frozen white bread dough, thawed (in the frozen pie & cake aisle)
    ½ cup melted butter
    Two 3oz. boxes vanilla pudding mix (cook & serve - NOT instant!)
    1 cup brown sugar
    2 tsp. cinnamon
    2 Tlbs. milk

DIRECTIONS:

Grease 13" x 9" pan. Sprinkle pecans and raisins evenly in bottom of pan.

Tear thawed (it will have risen somewhat) dough into walnut sized pieces and place in a single layer in pan covering pecans and raisins.

Melt butter over medium high heat. Add remaining ingredients and stir until well combined and heated through.

Pour hot liquid over dough. Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight (it will have risen a lot!).

In the morning, preheat oven to 350. Remove foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and invert onto a serving platter immediately (this is a good job for a husband with big strong hands). Serve warm or cool.

• quietlife3
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks happytobehome. These sound so good - can't wait to try them!

• julier1234
    15 years ago

happytobehome - that looks really good, but I've been to three stores and nobody carries the frozen dough.

• happytobehome
    15 years ago

Hi julier1234,

Don't know where you live, but I'm in Virginia and I've gotten the frozen dough in Safeway, Giant, and Wegmans grocery stores. One brand that I've used is Rich's and I have some Rhodes brand in my fridge right now. It usually comes in a plastic bag of three loaves. In my local stores, it's in the frozen section with the frozen rolls, pies, sara lee cakes and breakfast items.

Here's a link to Rich Products Corp. that might help you locate some dough. This is truly a delicious recipe and well worth the search! Good luck.

Here is a link that might be useful: Rich Product Corp.

• julier1234
    15 years ago

I agree - it looks great. You should post this in the cooking forum. We have Safeway stores, but I've gone to two of them. The link will help - thanks!

• julier1234
    15 years ago

I emailed Rich Products and it looks like it's going to be tough - too bad.

"If the product that you are trying to find is our Enriched Homestyle Roll Dough in the white bag it has been discontinued. We do have a Parkerhouse dough ball Sysco label 53107 that is similar."

• happytobehome
    15 years ago

Julie-

Try this link to Rhodes Bake-N-Serv. You can type in your zip code to see where to buy in your area.

Here is a link that might be useful: Rhodes Bake-N-Serv

• julier1234
    15 years ago

Thanks - I did check that and have an email in to them. A couple of the stores on that site are the ones I went to. Now I'm obsessed with finding this stuff lol.