Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Opting out from catalogs - reduce junk mail

Posted by annkathryn (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 17, 07 at 13:13

Catalog Choice is an easy, free service that allows you to decline unsolicited catalogs, reducing the number of catalogs in your mailbox and the number of trees that get sent to the paper mill.

I don't get a lot of catalogs because I wrote to the Direct Mailing service to take me off their lists, but I still get some (including double from Pottery Barn). I signed up yesterday and opted out of 17 total.

They don't sell your email to anyone else.

Ann

Here is a link that might be useful: Catalog Choice

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Opting out from catalogs - reduce junk mail

This is a fantastic service. I have opted out of over 20 already. I LOVE it.

o

Has anyone else tried this? Sounds promising.

o

I've heard most of these services charge --
Anyone know if this one does?

o

There's no charge for this service. Linked below is an article about it from my local paper.

You can also contact the Direct Marketing Association (by mail) to be removed from their lists.

Ann

Here is a link that might be useful: Catalog Choice in the news

o

Sweeby, it's completely free. Their goal is to sign up 1,000,000 people, maybe by their one year anniversary. They want to help save natural resources.

o

I wrote to the company asking if one of their "agreement" bullets allowed them to sign me up for something, as it was not clear to me. Did not hear back from them. I'm sorry to be so suspicious and I'd love to do this, but gotta wonder what's in it for them?

o

It's about time something like this is available. I keep telling my DH that so many trees are being cut down and for what, all those catalogs you don't need. Most people have the internet and can order online. I am signing up right now!

o

I signed up in November, and the fact that holiday season is over notwithstanding, our catalogue deluge has dried up considerably. Our postwoman asked about it!

I've used this site a couple of times to FIND catalogues- not to get them, mind you, but to peruse their websites and look for goodies.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here