Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Get together....

Posted by patty_cakes (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 26, 09 at 20:22

I see paulines is trying to get people in the Boston area together. Is there anyone in Austin, or ANY town/city in the vacinity who would like to meet up?

I've only been in Austin one year(Oct. 4)and absolutely love it! I came from...please don't hit me with tomatoes...the state of CA(San Diego), but orginally from IL.

Would love to meet up with anyone interested. ;o)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Get together....

Can the Houston contingent come? (Lyfia lives near Austin, and she used to come down for our Houston get togethers.)

I'm also a California girl...

o

Hi SWEEBY, aren't you on the Home Decorating and Holiday forums? And Lyfia, too? Where does she live 'near' Austin? I think ANY Texan would be welcome! ;o) I've only lived in Austin for a year so don't know my way around Austin, let alone Texas, so was wondering if we could all meet someplace here, even my house~i'm right off the 290, heading toward Austin.

I hear Houston has some neat shopping~antique/home decor stores primarily. Are there any fleamarkets 'up' that way? A friend and I went to Round Top in the spring and again in the fall, and thought the prices were off the wall! I have a space in the Round Rock antique mall, so need to find things on-the-cheap.

Anyway, let's see if we can get a couple more gals to meet up with us. Lots of good places to eat here, and great Margaritas almost everywhere! LOL

o

If we meet in Houston, I'm definitely IN. If we're meeting in Austin, well I'm a "maybe". I have actually done a day trip both to Austin and to San Antonio to meet cooking forum friends so it's not out of the question. Lyfia lives about half way between Austin and Houston.

I'm always up for meeting more GWers!

o

My thoughts are for everyone to give a date/dates that would work for them, and then we can narrow it down.

I'll be gone from Nov 18-Dec 2, so anytime after that would be good for me. Whoops~not Dec.18. ;o)

o

Waiting until after Christmas would be best for me... You know how busy this time of the year gets, and it would be great to have a good turnout --

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here