Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
arthur1942_gw

Kitchen Appliance size incompatible with Appliance Garages

Arthur1942
12 years ago

I Believe Kitchen Appliance manufacturers may be, out of ignorance, limiting their market share in removing model sizes compatible with Appliance Garage size Generally 10+" deep by 14+" high (tambor door)and 24+" wide.I believe the model unavailability is reducing kitchen garage popularity in response to the appropriate model size availabilities. I believe that any manufacturer advertising appliance model size options compatible with fitting in appliance garages to help people keep their counter tops uncluttered, with a quality appliance will not capture market attention as being attentive to the needs of the customer and dramatically increase sales. For some it only meas re-introducing prior, appropriately sized models with possible minor cosmetic changes.

I have encountered this issue in replacing a toaster oven where, after extensive internet search, found only one an Elite cuisine two slice from Amazon (predominantly used in small kitchens and mobile homes. Prior to this I had GE/Black & Decker and other brands that were no more than 10+ inches deep. I also could only find one cone filter Auto-drip coffer-maker to replace my Braun "Aromaster" that was less than 14+' tall. It is a 12 cup Hamilton Beach and does not allow an option of a "permanent" type filter as the Aromaster did.

Those of you share this concern, please, help in getting this into public discourse. Noting public trends in designing kitchens in stating kitchen garages are less popular doe us an injustice, as it does not look into the potential and likely causes of them. I believe it is the easy way of dealing with inconveniences, just adapting too them. Eventually, somebody will capitalize on meeting needs. In this case minimizing kitchen clutter and maintaining convenient access to storage and use of our kitchen appliances.