Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sweeby

New Houston Get Together

sweeby
17 years ago

We've all had so much fun the last few times that it's becoming a regular deal! But this time, I get to host in our nearly-new kitchen and endlessly under-renovation house. I can't guarantee what the house will look like, but based on our previous GW socials, I can absolutely guarantee that a good time and good food will be had by all.

The tentative date is Saturday, October 28th at 11:00 a.m., but can easily switch to November 4th or 11th if the October date doesn't work. Our house is located near I-10 and Beltway 8, so it's easy access to you Austin, San Antonio and Louisiana folks too -- y'all come!

I'm counting on 'the regulars' and would love to meet some new GW faces in person as well. Please let me know if the date's bad so we can adjust if needed. My e-mail is linked through GW.

Hope to see you!

Comments (10)

• lowspark
    17 years ago

Woohoo!! Looking forward to this! Actually Nov 4 or 11 would be better for me than Oct 28. I can do Oct 28 if that turns out to be the concensus though. Thanks for hosting Sweeby!

• sweeby
    Original Author
    17 years ago

OK then - We're moving to November 11th.

Who else can make it?

• sweeby
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I'm bumping this thread back up as a reminder --
    We're still on for Saturday, November 11th at 11:00 a.m. at my yes-it's-still-under-renovation house.

For those of you who are "thinking about it" our house is located near Memorial City Mall, which is near the intersection of I-10 and Beltway 8. Shoot me an e-mail (my e-mail address is linked here) and I'll send you the exact address and directions. If you've already indicated you'll come and have your address linked through GW, I'll e-mail you shortly with the particulars.

I'm really looking forward to another fabulous Houston party!

• pamela928
    17 years ago

That's so great, you Houston folks. We on the east coast had a wonderful party at paulines house what, maybe a year and a half ago...probably time for us to get together again, too.
    Please post pics!
    P.

• lascatx
    17 years ago

I hadn't seen this but found a link to it just now. I don't think I can join you -- I'm probably going to be painting our kitchen to get ready for the cabinet install that starts on Monday. Well, that and hoping we got everything right! Ack!!!!

Have fun everyone.

• paulines
    17 years ago

Yes, have a wonderful time!!!

• lowspark
    17 years ago

Picture and summary of our wonderful luncheon hosted by Susan (sweeby) at the link below. Thank you Susan for a wonderful afternoon!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Fun Time at Sweeby's House

• sweeby
    Original Author
    17 years ago

It WAS fun! It was great to finally meet Karen, and I can't wait to see her wonderful kitchen in person. The photos leave me drooling... (Or maybe that's the wine?)

We just finished up the last of the potato leek soup for dinner, and my husband was just saying how nice it was that I've managed to find such a nice group of friends on the Internet.

I couldn't agree more! --

• riverrat1
    17 years ago

This was a fun and relaxing get together thanks to all of Susans hard work. My DH thinks it's great that I've met a group of people that have something in common with me, food and kitchens ;-)

Susan, your home and hospitality are going to be hard to match when we get together at my place. The food you prepared for us was to die for!! But most importantly the fellowship was the best.

It was so nice to meet Lena, Yaksha and Susan for the first time. I've met May and Denise at a get together in Houston at May's home before. It felt like I've known you all for a long time.

Thank you again Susan for a wonderful get together and the opening up of an opporunity to meet new friends!

• deniseandspike
    17 years ago

Thank you for hosting Susan--your house is beautiful. Also, thank you for sharing all your great kitchen ideas. I hope you don't mind me copying some of the great looks you came up with.

The food was wonderful and the company was great.

De

Sponsored
John Romans Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full Service, Turn-Key Construction & Design Company