Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where did ricardog's posts go?

Posted by sombreuil_mongrel (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 17, 06 at 14:40

Were they removed by admin? Was he a troll? I can see where he was a bit inflamatory, but then so is throwing gasoline on a bonfire. He must have really pressed somebody's button.
Casey

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where did ricardog's posts go?

Unfortunately some people just love to complain. When the moderator(s) receives a complaint, the threads/post magically disappear - right, wrong or indifferent.

o

Well, he was just a troublemaker anyway, regardless of how funny he was. I forget who was so funny in their responses...it really was quite entertaining.

o

He sure seemed like a troll, yet he said he was a long time lurker............
The threads lasted long enough that he could have chimed back but he never did. It was funny but eventually it would have turned ugly I think.

o

I think he was just bored (three sheets to the wind?) that night and decided to stir things up. Hope no one took offence, as I doubt he was serious.

o

He wasn't a long time lurker, he just joined in September. He posted on a lot of forums, and his posts were pretty nasty on all of them. If he had anything useful to offer, it clearly got lost in the flames.

o

On some other boards I belong to, the admins will ban a user, lock the topic, but its rare to see threads disappear. When you can follow a objectionable thread from a banned user, you at least get to see the why's and wherefor's of the shunning.
Casey

o

I posted some pictures of my cat and they magically disappeared. How does someone complain to the moderator?
Donna

o

Od, go to the very bottom of the discussions page, there is a link to Letters and Comments and you can email the moderator that way.

I don't think your pics can magically disappear; try reloading the page, on some computers it's called refresh page ; or quit and start again so you can see your pictures. On my browser, I click on View, and there is an option to reload the page. Sometimes, there is a delay before pics start loading in a thread.

o

I think they are cracking down. In the Buying and Selling a House forum, a post that was nasty (but not any worse than others I have seen) disappeared along with the responses to the post telling the guy to lighten up.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here