Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Have you been Ghosted?

Posted by proudmamato4 (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 26, 06 at 13:20

Please see this link in Cooking conversations. It's really a cute idea.
Nancy

Here is a link that might be useful: Ghosting thread

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Have you been Ghosted?

Our neighborhhod has been doing it for at least 5yrs, This is our 3rd halloween here and our kids love ghosting theor friends. The best part, according to them, is ringing the doorbell and running off without being seen. It's a big adventure.

o

We've been doing this for years as well. The kids wait with baited breath to get "booed", as well call it. We make sure that after our kids get booed, they pass it on to others who haven't been booed yet (rather than just re-booing their friends) so it does not turn into a popularity contest. In the end, every family with kids gets booed and even some who don't have kids. It's great fun. I highly recommend starting it to get the neighborhood spirit up!

o

Sure beats eggs, soap, and toilet paper!!

This has got to be one of the neatest Ideas I've heard yet!! No one gets hurt, and it still sounds like alot of fun!!

o

LOL, the first time I experienced this was about 8 years ago. I opened the door and found some candy and a letter. Ate the candy and tossed the letter without reading. Then I got another bag of candy a couple days later. Ate the candy and tossed the letter. And then a 3rd bag of candy, and since I'm pretty slow but I usually get there in the end, I finally read the letter and figured out what was going on! So what did I do? Ate the candy and tossed the letter. Ok, when the fourth bag of candy arrived I finally put the letter or ghost or whatever in the window (I told you I was slow). This is what happens when you let a DH answer the doorbell.

o

we've been ghosting for about 5-6 years around here...

though this year, after crouching in our neighbors bushes in the puring rain for 10 minutes while they put out their trash, it doesn't have quite the allure anymore...

FYI--it is best to ghost friends who don't have motion actived flood lights...

:-)

o

My kids had a blast with DH last night and over-ghosted the neighbors. Did 6 houses, although having been ghosted twice, we were only obligated to do 4. It is such fun!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here