Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Boston Area Get-Together

Posted by paulines (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 25, 09 at 7:24

Details to be discussed. Anyone interested?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Boston Area Get-Together

Let me know when you want to do it, and I'll try to be there.

o

Me, too, if it can be on a Saturday ...

-Susan

o

I'm in! Looking forward to getting the details. Thanks, Paulines, for starting this thread.

o

I'm in too. Just name the place, date and time.

o

A Saturday works for me... everyone else?

We could do either Legals or Cheesecake Factory at the Pru, if that sounds good. How's everyone's schedules in November or should we shoot for the beginning of December? I might do a little post get-together holiday shopping at the Pru, lol

o

Oh thanks bill V. for the link I found conversations...

Thanks Pauline for doing this.

Anytime is good in Nov. I love Legals or Cheesecake factory.
Dec gets busy for me as we
have some birthdays that month, but I can try.

Let me know the time and date.
~boxerpups

o

I think sooner than later would be better because of all the holidays approaching. How about Sat 11/7? Someone can pick the time and place (is the cheesecake factory at the pru?)

o

I can make it on Sat, 11/7. The Pru works for me.

o

Oh Goody,
I can make it on the 7th of Nov but I need to know
the time as I have an activity in the morning.
Looking forward to meeting other kitchen fans.
~boxerpups

o

As we're getting closer and no one is stepping in I will suggest Cheesecake Factory on Saturday 11/7 at 1 pm at the Shops at the Pru - 115 Huntington Ave. Does this work for everyone? How many are coming? Do they take reservations?

o

I'm not certain I can make the 7th, but please don't plan around me - I hopefully will have a definitive answer by Monday.

I'm pretty sure they will take reservations and would be happy to make the reservations once we have a headcount.

o

are there any places to meet that aren't right in the city - like maybe the Stockyard which is right on the turnpike. I know they'll give you a private area for a good size group. I'm from Western Mass and would like to join in. I'm sure there's no Western Mass. group!

o

The Pru is actually REALLY easy to get to from the pike eastbound. Take the Pru/Copley exit, stay left on the ramp (Pru exit) and when you come out the tunnel immediately turn right into the garage. Much easier than the Stockyard. You do have to pay for parking but I think we get a discount with our meal. So who's available for next Sat besides me?

o

Are we still on for Saturday, 11/7 at 1 pm?

o

Are we still on?
I have one at home sick and might have to skip this. :(

o

Sorry, me too. I've got a cold and sore throat today. I think I should keep my bad germs at home as much as I am looking forward to meeting all of you!

o

Maybe we could reschedule for sometime after the new year? I've had the week from hell-o and think DH and I are just going to chill out tomorrow.

o

Hey, Pauline,
I'm game too if the timing works out. I went by your house recently...did you ever sell it? I was having dinner at Coriander...
Janet

o

Janet!!!, how are you? Weeeeell, the house went under agreement a couple weeks after listing. Everything went well (or so we thought) and >2 weeks before closing, we had the rug pulled out from under us - long story. By then, we had missed the busy season, the house looked terrible, as we had begun to disassemble and pack, so we'll try again in the spring. Did I mention house selling suxs?

Haven't been to Corianders lately, but rumor has it that it's now an Indian food restaurant? Some friends of mine went for a luncheon buffet and said it was really good.

It's great to hear from you and I hope to see you soon!

o

Okay this sounds like we are going to put this off until
these colds/flus fade. I am so appreciative as we too
have had a rough week of coughing, coughing and more
coughing.

Get well soon everyone.

o

Pauline,
Yes, Coriander is now Indian. 3 friends and I liked it a lot. Good luck with your house!
Janet

o

I Boston people! I just saw this - did you do your get-together? I may like to join of possible - I have so been enjoying your postings! I may have missed it - not clear :)

o

Hi bostonantique!

No, we never got together. I'm hoping we can all meet up sometime after New Years. Stay tuned, lol!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here