Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
paulines_gw

Boston Area Get-Together

paulines
14 years ago

Details to be discussed. Anyone interested?

Comments (23)

• bill_vincent
    14 years ago

Let me know when you want to do it, and I'll try to be there.

• susan_in_maine
    14 years ago

Me, too, if it can be on a Saturday ...

-Susan

• ni_2006
    14 years ago

I'm in! Looking forward to getting the details. Thanks, Paulines, for starting this thread.

• bostonpam
    14 years ago

I'm in too. Just name the place, date and time.

• paulines
    Original Author
    14 years ago

A Saturday works for me... everyone else?

We could do either Legals or Cheesecake Factory at the Pru, if that sounds good. How's everyone's schedules in November or should we shoot for the beginning of December? I might do a little post get-together holiday shopping at the Pru, lol

• boxerpups
    14 years ago

Oh thanks bill V. for the link I found conversations...

Thanks Pauline for doing this.

Anytime is good in Nov. I love Legals or Cheesecake factory.
    Dec gets busy for me as we
    have some birthdays that month, but I can try.

Let me know the time and date.
    ~boxerpups

• bostonpam
    14 years ago

I think sooner than later would be better because of all the holidays approaching. How about Sat 11/7? Someone can pick the time and place (is the cheesecake factory at the pru?)

• ni_2006
    14 years ago

I can make it on Sat, 11/7. The Pru works for me.

• boxerpups
    14 years ago

Oh Goody,
    I can make it on the 7th of Nov but I need to know
    the time as I have an activity in the morning.
    Looking forward to meeting other kitchen fans.
    ~boxerpups

• bostonpam
    14 years ago

As we're getting closer and no one is stepping in I will suggest Cheesecake Factory on Saturday 11/7 at 1 pm at the Shops at the Pru - 115 Huntington Ave. Does this work for everyone? How many are coming? Do they take reservations?

• paulines
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I'm not certain I can make the 7th, but please don't plan around me - I hopefully will have a definitive answer by Monday.

I'm pretty sure they will take reservations and would be happy to make the reservations once we have a headcount.

• prill
    14 years ago

are there any places to meet that aren't right in the city - like maybe the Stockyard which is right on the turnpike. I know they'll give you a private area for a good size group. I'm from Western Mass and would like to join in. I'm sure there's no Western Mass. group!

• bostonpam
    14 years ago

The Pru is actually REALLY easy to get to from the pike eastbound. Take the Pru/Copley exit, stay left on the ramp (Pru exit) and when you come out the tunnel immediately turn right into the garage. Much easier than the Stockyard. You do have to pay for parking but I think we get a discount with our meal. So who's available for next Sat besides me?

• ni_2006
    14 years ago

Are we still on for Saturday, 11/7 at 1 pm?

• boxerpups
    14 years ago

Are we still on?
    I have one at home sick and might have to skip this. :(

• prill
    14 years ago

Sorry, me too. I've got a cold and sore throat today. I think I should keep my bad germs at home as much as I am looking forward to meeting all of you!

• paulines
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Maybe we could reschedule for sometime after the new year? I've had the week from hell-o and think DH and I are just going to chill out tomorrow.

• capecodder
    14 years ago

Hey, Pauline,
    I'm game too if the timing works out. I went by your house recently...did you ever sell it? I was having dinner at Coriander...
    Janet

• paulines
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Janet!!!, how are you? Weeeeell, the house went under agreement a couple weeks after listing. Everything went well (or so we thought) and >2 weeks before closing, we had the rug pulled out from under us - long story. By then, we had missed the busy season, the house looked terrible, as we had begun to disassemble and pack, so we'll try again in the spring. Did I mention house selling suxs?

Haven't been to Corianders lately, but rumor has it that it's now an Indian food restaurant? Some friends of mine went for a luncheon buffet and said it was really good.

It's great to hear from you and I hope to see you soon!

• boxerpups
    14 years ago

Okay this sounds like we are going to put this off until
    these colds/flus fade. I am so appreciative as we too
    have had a rough week of coughing, coughing and more
    coughing.

Get well soon everyone.

• capecodder
    14 years ago

Pauline,
    Yes, Coriander is now Indian. 3 friends and I liked it a lot. Good luck with your house!
    Janet

• bostonantique
    14 years ago

I Boston people! I just saw this - did you do your get-together? I may like to join of possible - I have so been enjoying your postings! I may have missed it - not clear :)

• paulines
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi bostonantique!

No, we never got together. I'm hoping we can all meet up sometime after New Years. Stay tuned, lol!