Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Photo Software Recommedation?

Posted by sam_i_am (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 18, 06 at 6:42

Anyone have any suggestions for some photo software? I want something fairly basic- A program that mangages/edits photos, special effects, and makes CDs to music. I don't need Photoshop for $500. I'm a novice. Something user friedly, please! Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Photo Software Recommendation?

I got Photoshop Elements with my new scanner and I like it, and it's much cheaper than Photoshop. I also use Photoshop, on another computer. Both of them have way too many choices, I rarely use more than a few.

My HP printer at work came with a nice HP photo program. I use it all the time when I have work photos to manipulate and print. It does as well as Photoshop and does much better with red eye. I think it's called HP Photosmart. You can download their free version from their website.

Photo software has nothing to do with music CD's, that you can do with Windows Media Play or the free Roxio CD Creator.

o
RE: Photo Software Recommedation?

I'm a longtime Mac version Photoshop user and I love it, but I wanted something affordable for the little PC laptop we got recently.

I got Photoshop Elements version 3.0, which I liked better than the NEWER version of Photoshop Elements. The great thing about that was I got a Wacom Graphics Tablet and cordless mouse and a mess of extra software along with it and it was only about $80 for the whole deal. At Amazon.

It does all of the most frequently used things I like for enhancing my photographs.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here