Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
josie724

Am I being a Priss?

josie724
15 years ago

Tonight my dh and I went out to dinner to Cheesecake Factory, not an upscale restaurant, but not a seaside crab shanty either. We were seated next to a woman who had her shoes off and was sitting with her legs crossed under her, my kids call it Indian style. So I could see her feet sticking out. Does anyone else think this is rude and this woman has no manners or is just me? I don't like seeing other peoples cheesy feet while I'm eating........ewwwwwwwww

Comments (11)

• weissman
    15 years ago

Yes, it's rude - most restaurants require people to wear shoes - but I think they only check when you enter. Even for the Cheesecake Factory, it was pretty tacky.

• ccoombs1
    15 years ago

I've been to cheesecake factory and because of the way you are seated....sharing a bench with the people at the next table....she was WAY out of line. You probably aren't even 12" away from your neighbor and she was rude.

• morton5
    15 years ago

I think it was rude, but you are being a priss to dwell on it. Okay, now I guess I am being rude, but you did ask. I hope you have a better experience next time you dine out.

• igloochic
    15 years ago

I was at an upscale restaurant last week and one gal had her feet up on the chair opposite her. I noticed it because it's rude to put your feet up on chairs anyhoo, but as morton says :) I didn't dwell on it. In fact I forgot until you mentioned the feet thing. If it bothered you so much you were distracted and had difficulty eating, yes you are being a priss. If it's just a thought "wasn't this rude" that you're sharing...well then it's not such a big deal :)

I think women putting their purse on the table is rude. I notice that much more than feet :oP

• josie724
    Original Author
    15 years ago

It didn't bother me enough to distract me. I was just sorta trying to see if it bothered other people as well, it's not the first time I've been in a restaurant and seen this. Yes Igloochick it was more of an observation that I think people are losing their manners more and more these days, OMG I sound like a 90 year old....LOL
    I'm not dwelling on it.

Does that still make me a priss ;-)

• igloochic
    15 years ago

Ok then you're not a priss. At the same restaurant I saw the woman with her feet up on the opposite chair, there was another couple playing cards. This was an upscale restaurant and people were waiting for tables...and they sat there and drank a glass of wine and played cards.

Yes, people are getting very rude! ANd I guess since I feel that way..I'm a 90 year old too LOL :oP

• josie724
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hey igloochic, I might ACTUALLY turn 90 by the time my kitchen is done.

• morton5
    15 years ago

Igloo, I'm with you re. putting your purse on the table-- who knows where that thing has been.

And Josie, not that you're a priss, but I think I out-priss you anyway-- after all, I scolded igloo about the funny booze poster.

• josie724
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Putting your purse on the table is not only rude its gross, the bottom of most purses have more bacteria than a toilet.....

Morton5....

Is this going to turn into a prissing contest......ROFLMAO
    Searching forums to find post about funny booze poster.

• igloochic
    15 years ago

LOL Josie, I started my kitchen at 42...I'm 45 now...and hope to see it finished before 89 :oP

And I installed that poster, and a cigarette golf poster as well today :oP I'll be sure to take pics :o) heh heh

I think that post is a chicken post, but I can't remember.

• josie724
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Yes Igloo, it was a chicken post. I read it....