Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
e-mail notification

Posted by paddy_99 (paddyhogan@juno.com) on
Wed, Sep 3, 08 at 19:54

When I post a message even though I check the box to have follow ups mailed to me I never receive any and is there any way to receive notification of replies I have made to topics I did not start? If anyone can understand this you have me beat. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: e-mail notification

Paddy, the only way I know to keep track of threads is to bookmark them. I'm interested to see if others have found a different way.

As for emailing, check your spam filters.

o

There can be two reasons you're not receiving the emails:

• You didn't check the "Check here if you would like copies of follow-ups to your message emailed to you." box when you created/started the post

• You don't have the email option turned on in your profile.

To turn the email option on:

1. Go to "Your Profile" (see top of page, above GardenWeb banner)
  2. You will have to log in again
  3. Check to be sure the email address entered is the correct one
  4. Scroll down to bottom to shaded area.
  5. Check the box that says...

Allow other users to send you email via forms at our site.
  6. Click the "Save Your Member Profile" button

You're done! I don't know if it's retroactive for current posts, but all future posts should have replies emailed to you....assuming you checked the "Check here if you would like copies of follow-ups to your message emailed to you." box when you create a new post.

Note that this only applies to posts/threads that you start. There is no way at this time (that I know of) to keep track of someone else's threads other than to bookmark them as Loves2Cook4Six mentions.

o

For some strange reason the e-mail notifications started yesterday.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here