Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
a2gemini_gw

OT Support for Lavender_lass

a2gemini
11 years ago

Hi all,

I want to thank everyone who sent well wishes to my DH after his bicycle accident.(He is doing fine)

I received so much positive energy, it is time to share some of the extra with one of our special GW members - Lavender and her DH.

I am sending lots of energy to Lavender and her husband - she needs it to help her DH who is having health issues. She also needs a lot of energy for herself to make the daily trips to the hospital, run the farm and the business.

God Bless you Lavender and hoping DH improves - you indicated that he should make a recovery but it is taking much longer than anticipated.

Would love to help if I am near you but for now - sending you energy and electronic support.

Take care of yourself as well as your DH - it is so hard - I have been there and run myself ragged...

Comments (23)

• andreak100
    11 years ago

Lavender - I'm not sure that I caught what was going on with your DH, but know that my thoughts and positive energy are going out to both of you. I hope that things turn out well. It's never easy on any of the involved parties when health issues are being dealt with.

(And a2g, it's wonderful to hear the positive update about your DH - bicycle accidents are frightening things.)

• enduring
    11 years ago

I am very sorry to hear of these difficult times for LL and her DH.

LL, I will say a prayer for you and your DH.

• CEFreeman
    11 years ago

I'm thinking of you, too.

• meganmca
    11 years ago

Sorry to hear that, Lavendar, I hope your DH gets better soon. Take care of yourself, too!

• rosie
    11 years ago

I'm very, very sorry to hear this family health problem is your husband, Lavender. I can't even imagine what it would be like to juggle all your heavy balls, but I'll be thinking of you guys and hoping for a quickest return to the way things should be.

• cawaps
    11 years ago

Take care of yourself and DH. So sorry this happened. I wish I could be there to help in some concrete way, but my thoughts and prayers are with you.

• catlover5
    11 years ago

Lavender, good luck with everything and best wishes for a speedy recovery to your DH.

• deedles
    11 years ago

Hang in there, Lav! Prayers forthcoming from me, too.

• SparklingWater
    11 years ago

Will keep you and your DH close in thought, Lavender_lass. Hope you can feel GW members' supportive shoulders as you pass these days and nights. Thank you too, a2gemini.

• kashmi
    11 years ago

Lavender, wishing you all the best. I'm sure you've already thought of this, but now is the time to call in favors from friends and family.

Two years ago DH had unexpected and extensive surgery, with a 4+ month recovery. If it hadn't been for family who came and stayed with us for a week at a time for the first two weeks after he came home, life would have been much worse. Once I went back to work (when he could reliably take care of himself during the day), it still was tough -- and I didn't have a farm to run! Again, family members were critical -- they provided sympathetic ears so I could vent late at night, either via phone or email. That support kept me sane.

It is amazing what we can do when we have to. But it is so easy to get burned out when you are a caregiver. Find ways to take care of yourself, too -- both physically and mentally.

• angie_diy
    11 years ago

Oh, Lav, just want to extend my sympathies and supportive hopes as you face this situation.

• flwrs_n_co
    11 years ago

A2gemini, thanks for the heads-up about this on the discussion side.

Lavender, my thoughts and prayers for you and DH as you face this situtation. Others are right that care taking is very stressful--take care of yourself. I wish I could do more to help!

• laughablemoments
    11 years ago

I'm praying for you and your husband Lavender! Thanks for all the encouraging words and images you share around here. May you be encouraged today, too.

• cakelly1226
    11 years ago

Sending you love and hugs. I hope tomorrow is a better for both of you:)

• aliris19
    11 years ago

(((hugs)))

• mtnfever (9b AZ/HZ 11)
    11 years ago

LL, take care and do as kashmi says: call in the family and friends to help!

Thoughts are with you

• sochi
    11 years ago

Thinking of you LL

• debrak_2008
    11 years ago

Wishing your DH a speedy and full recovery.

• lavender_lass
    11 years ago

Thank you all so much for the very kind words and good advice. It means so much to me!

I haven't had much help and part of that is my fault. Honestly, I don't want everyone to know my husband is in the hospital and I'm gone every day, visiting him. All of our friends and neighbors are wonderful, but in a small town, people talk...and soon everyone knows your situation. I actually feel safer having most people think my husband is home and feeling just fine.

As for family, I don't think some of them are all that fond of the farm. It was their grandparents and many worked out here, when they were kids. I love it, but I don't think they do...which is kind of sad. But, my brother has been a big help and that's been great!

Thanks again for all the support...and Gemini, thank you so much for posting this thread :)

• a2gemini
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Lavender - just wish there was more we could do for you. I saw your last post about DH falling out of bed again.
    I am a PT and have worked with many patients with similar problems and so hard for families and for the patients.

I will keep sending you energy - DM is back in the hospital, so need to save some for her.

Take care and let us know how things are going.

God Bless

• starinasgarden
    11 years ago

LL, you are always so thoughtful and helpful to others on this forum. It doesn't sound like you're getting very much support from family and friends. Sending healing energy and thoughts to your DH, as well as to you.

• a2gemini
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Lavender - I have not been checking in on you and DH recently. Hope things are improving.

• rosie
    11 years ago

Woke up on the middle of the night last night, and one of the things that popped into my mind was Lavender's DH. Sent good thoughts that way. I don't really believe it's useful for anything but making me feel better, but it also doesn't hurt anything to try, so I'm once again wishing him home and healthy again soon.