Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
weed30

I got the job : )

weed30 St. Louis
17 years ago

Here is a link to the thread where I mentioned my issues about the tricky interviewing for a new job: clicky

As it turned out, this was one of the hardest interview processes I've ever gone through. I interviewed with a total of 5 people, and also had to take an 'online assessment', which was basically a personality test. I hate those! Not because I'm an axe murderer, but because I feel they are invasive, and in many cases are not indicative of someone's performance. i.e.: My assessment said I did not like conflict. Very true...I'm not someone who enjoys confrontation at all. BUT, I will embrace it if necessary!

Here's the ironic part: I was so worried about saying anything negative about the previous company I worked for, and it turns out that 'the word on the street' is how bad that company is! So it was the one time that it would have been ok to slam a former employer.

Comments (9)

• goldgirl
    17 years ago

Congrats!!!! Are you doing the same thing, but with a better company? Or is this a career change? What an accomplishment, especially since you took the high road with your past employer!

• mitchdesj
    17 years ago

Good news, weed; keep us posted on how you like it !!!!

I think it was still a good move on your part not to bash the former company.

• weed30 St. Louis
    Original Author
    17 years ago

goldgirl - I'm doing the same thing. I was trying to change careers, but I just couldn't afford to at this time. I think this is going to be a good gig though. Great commute too!

mitch - Yes, I am still glad I didn't bash them. It is a small world, and my dad always told me, never burn a bridge. Over the years, I have been surprised several times working at the same place as someone from my past.

• mjsee
    17 years ago

WEED! That's great! Now you have more money for plants!

melanie

• 3katz4me
    17 years ago

Congratulations Weed!!

• reno_fan
    17 years ago

Weed!!! Congrats. That's awesome, and a lesson I'll have to remember, for sure.

• Gina_W
    17 years ago

Congratulations Weed! So many changes for you lately - your cute head must be spinning!

• weed30 St. Louis
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks everyone, and reno, good luck on getting that new house! It has some wonderful features. (although that kitchen is screaming for a reno ;)

• cupofkindness
    17 years ago

All the best to you, Weed. Stay upbeat!