Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Floating Flooring

Posted by calyle7 (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 29, 13 at 18:25

I am trying to decide on flooring for my new kitchen...and the choice is between a floating laminate tile floor or wood.
I just talked to someone at ifloor and he suggested that I not put the floor under the cabinets because it is a Quik Lok tile and that a floating floor would breathe and contract and if it was under the cabinets it couldn't so it might buckle the tile where it is joined at the Quik Lok.....Does that make sense?
Does anyone have a laminate that is Quik Lok and put it under their cabinets...if so...any problems?
Everyone has told me to lay the floor first before I put the cabinets down but he says no.
Please go to the website below and let me know what your choice is between the Roma and the Carmella.
If you don't like them ..let me know why or if your choice is wood....please give me your opinion.....thanks so much...I am So Glad i found this forum...What a Help it is!! Oh by the way ...
I will have Antique White Cabinets but they are very Creamy.

http://www.ifloor.com/laminate/westhollow/italian-stone

Here is a link that might be useful: iflooring

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Floating Flooring

He just send me a picture of a entire tile..so wanted to share what it looks like.....What color do you like to go with antique Creamy Cabinets?

photo ItalianStone_zps3f41bc8c.jpg

o

Please if anyone has time...please post and let me know your opinion on the flooring in my precious post...
I need to make my decision today..
thanks

o

One more post on the floating floor....Will have to make the order today..and was wondering if anyone has an opinion on the brand (Westhollow) or which color to go with Creamy Antique Cabinets..Bianco Romano Granite and Bronze hardware.
 photo ItalianStone_zps3f41bc8c.jpg

I'm sure the most of you would prefer Wood Floors But since I can't do the wood floor going into the den (and that will be partially open to the kitchen with a small snack bar) I will have to do that later....so since I can't do both at the same time...I think it will be be better to do the kitchen with the laminate tile...the kitchen is between the den and dining room which has wood floors.
If anyone has time...please let me know which you like best of the two colors of tile...one on left and one on the right.
Thanks so much

o

You should post this on the other part of the kitchen forum. This is the "conversation" side, I think the side you want is called the "discussion" side.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here