Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cefreeman_gw

Don'tcha just wanna slap 'em?

CEFreeman
9 years ago

So here I am again, listening to HGTV while I work.
I know, I know. You guys keep telling me not to. You remind me I get all worked up over stupidity. I couldn't help it. There weren't any good, murdering crime shows on.

So.

This dim witted, whiny chick just got her reveal (with her butt-ugly granite, BTW) in her new home and started gushing.

With her nit-wit husband with the awareness (hello..) of a bobble head standing beside her, She oozes.....

"oOOooOOOO It totally exceeds my expectations. "

I HATE THAT EXPRESSION.
Exceeds WHAT expectations?

Even studies indicate that it's condescending and implies to the other party that the speaker expected them to futz it up. i.e. it's rude.

Also, you live in a crap hole. You have no kitchen, or yours is moldy, crumbling and cracking and falling apart. Or you have a crap hole house (and terrible taste). You whine about it being safe for your progeny. Or a crap hole wanna-be, DIY failure of a partner, a crap hole contractor or whatever. I know you get my point.

What the @#$#*!$ did you EXPECT!?! It's a TV show.
Of COURSE it's going to be far better and safer than you and the crap hole house with which you started.

I look forward to someone saying, "Well, we started out in a crap hole and this TV show has given us a beautiful, safe place to live. Thank you." Or something honest like that.

Ok. Rant over

("Crap Hole" credit offered to the person here who reluctantly had to go some place in Canada for a week and labeled it a "crap hole." The expression stuck with me and is far more polite than what really runs through my head.

I'm gonna go have a Reese's cup for lunch. Don't be haters, you can get them, too!

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor