Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LG refrigerator LFX21960

Posted by marconnietx (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 5, 06 at 10:24

Does anyone have knowledge about the LG LFX21960st? Although I can't find it on the LG website, I have found it at witbeckappliance.com and kitchendirect.com. It has French doors, counter depth, and an ice maker in the door instead of the bottom freezer. I was wondering if it was for real or a typo or just misleading. It seems perfect, so if anyone has one or has seen one in person, please let me. I called LG customer service last week before I saw these websites, and they said they didn't offer a model with these specs, but here it is. Thank you. Connie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LG refrigerator LFX21960

I think you need to post this on the Appliances forum. This one is for off-topic conversations on kitchens. the main kitchens discussion forum is best for cabinets, countertops, plumbing, etc.

o
RE: LG refrigerator LFX21960

Beware of Model LFX21960st french door counter width. I have had problems with doors closing, crisper broke within the first week, water and ice dispenser won't handle large glasses, ice basket small. I purchased mine in January 07 but was smart enough to buy a extended warranty! I am having major problems with the ice maker fan now. Have been without ice since last Thursday today is Tuesday. Second repair man comes tomorrow to do I don't know what as I do not want them to fix my fridge, I want a new one. Their cock - a - mayme repair is to pull the whole inside of my fridge out and screw a piece of plastic to the ceiling and walls to prevent the ceiling from falling!! Can you believe this? The repairman said it would happen!! Supposedly, the fan freezes up... No mention of fixing the problem with the fan.... I paid $2799.99 for this and I do not want a cobbled together piece of junk! I bought this frig for one reason, the freezer door tilts!!! I will bet I have only used that feature 1 or 2 times since I got it..mainly to see how it works. I don't know what applicances are best. But for sure I am leary of LG. I purchased a $1600.00 dual fuel range from Sears and the first time I cleaned the oven, it got so hot the top of the control panel warped and melted..Cost over $700.00 to fix, but thank God I had a warranty. The $1000.00 Kenmore Elite Oasis washer that is agitator free, tied my sheets and clothes in such knots I could hardly get them apart!! They had to change out the control panel and put in a small agitator.. Don't know what that would have cost. This has all taken place in the last month. Only appliance that hasn't broken yet is my dishwasher...knock on wood! Good luck everyone.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here